ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student to spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

regencyroses
Newly Registered

Student to spouse visa

Post by regencyroses » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:03 pm

Hello,

I'm an American student about to enter my third year at university in Britain. My English fiance and I met at university and are engaged to be married in June of next year. My student visa expires at the end of October 2007 so we will be getting married just barely within six months of its expiration date. Does this mean that I won't be granted a marriage visa? We really don't want to get married until we've finished our degrees and I cannot leave the country and apply for a fiance visa between finishing my degree and my wedding. Besides that we'll need to be able to work as soon as possible over the summer and we're both interested in graduate jobs.

Please let me know what I should do.

Amelia

regencyroses
Newly Registered

Post by regencyroses » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:34 pm

Please advise me! I really do need help - these sort of worries are taking the excitement out of planning my wedding.

rooi_ding

Post by rooi_ding » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:14 pm

There is now new guidance posted on this very site today on what you should do follow this link http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=9863 then the link to the IND

Hope it helps and all the best