ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Completed 5years but the Home Office says there was a break.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waynesworld3
Newly Registered

Completed 5years but the Home Office says there was a break.

Post by waynesworld3 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Please advise what I can do to rectify this problem.

I worked on my first work permit for about one and a half years and then changed to a new work permit with a new company. There was no break between transfering from one company to the other except for a few days off.
I am now attempting to get my ILR and the Home Office claims that there was a break between the two jobs/work permits and I have not completed 5 continuous years.

How can I prove otherwise or am I fighting a loosing battle?
I dont have any payslips or P60 or bank statements from the first company as it was three and a half years ago.

I can get a letter from my first employer stating that i was employed on a work permit from xxxx to xxxx but will this be enough to convince the Home Office?

Please advise.
Many thanks,
Wayne.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:55 pm

1. What was the expiry date of the leave issued on the basis of WP 1?
2. When did you apply for leave to remain on the basis of WP 2?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

waynesworld3
Newly Registered

Post by waynesworld3 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks for your reply.

My first WP was started on the 7th of July 2006 (date of U.K entry) and was valid for 5 years.

I cant remember the exact dates for WP2 as all my documets are at work with H.R but I was granted WP2 whilst still working for my first company (WP1) and then applied and received my further leave to remain about three weeks after WP2 was granted.

Once my passport was returned with the further leave to remain inserted I started working for the new company (WP2) which was 31st August 2007.

Regards.
Wayne.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:25 pm

Make a subject access request if you do not remember the dates, or are uncertain whether your previous leave (WP 1 leave) expired before you submitted leave to remain application (under WP 2).
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

farah

Re: Completed 5years but the Home Office says there was a br

Post by farah » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:25 pm

waynesworld3 wrote: I am now attempting to get my ILR and the Home Office claims that there was a break between the two jobs/work permits and I have not completed 5 continuous years.
How claim of Home Office was conveyed to you?

RockON

Post by RockON » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:18 pm

u can order bank statements

combination of Bank Statements, HMRC Letter, Employer contract, and any communication from company HR to confirm salary (if u can get this) should be ok

Best of Luck