ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bristish passport delay plz help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Bristish passport delay plz help

Post by openshaw2 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:23 am

Thanks for this useful website that offer useful advise to members. Thank you GIDOC for the useful information from the naturalisation stage up to the ceremony my wife has finally become British but am stil going hurdles and delay for her first british passport. Below is the details what am going through:

After the naturalisation ceremony, i apply for her first Adult passport all the supporting documents has being return within a week with a letter asking her to book for Identity interview. I booked the interview for her and explain to the staff that my wife has a disability and as a result of that, she may not able to fully understand or answer the question correctly. The guy told me on the day of the interview i should accompany my wife and before the interview commence, i should tell the interviewer about my wife condition . I did excatly what he told me . So at the interviwe the lady said even though my wife has medical condition she stil need to ask her two or three questions and added the most important thing is to see that the photo provided match her face and feature .I leave them in the interview room but where i was sitting i hear their conversation and in deed my wife was unble to answer most of the question she ask her . after the interview the lady said if she did not received her passport after ten working days i should call IPS so i wait after four weeks before i call to find out the progrss of the application to my surprise the first guy i spoke to told me that he think my wife did not pass the interview . so i brief him the condition of my wife he than said i will transfer you to a senier staff who may able to tell you what is going on and the cause of the delay. The person he connect me to told me that i should call the next couple of weeks and he added that they are doing a couple of checks on the application but she did not say any thing that my wife did not pass the interview. Please any one with idea or experience help me with the following questions:
1, Should i call them the next couple of weeks is now five weeks now since i send the application or should i leave them until they process the apllication
2, Should i make a formal complain if so where to send the complain

3, what is the usually waiting time for first Adult passport ?i saw on this bords some application take three weeks or less than especially after you have done the interview

4, what is the appropriate steps i should take if after the two weeks they did not issue my wife passport .

Please note: when she was not yet naturalize she make two application for our two children and they currently having their british passport through her status of having Indefinite leave to enter
and those application take less two weeks.

Thanks for reading my post and thanks in advance for any useful idea or steps you may share wit me .

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi again,
It does seem that you had a rough run indeed.
The interview is only to establish ID and passport is sent within 48 hours, if checks are clear.
You have given them enough time to perform all the checks and IPS has not been able to provide you with answers. You call them once again tomorrow to obtain an answer and if not satisfied say that you are going to make a formal complaint. Do this on phone, writing and email.
All the best

Passports
If you have a complaint about how we handled your passport application, please contact us.

By phone

On 0300 222 0000. The line is open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 5.30pm weekends and public holidays.

During office hours we will put you through to our customer service team.
Outside office hours we will ask you to explain the complaint. We will then arrange for a member of our customer service team to phone you.

In writing

Please send your letter or fax to our central customer service team as follows:

Newport customer service manager
Newport passport office
PO Box 175
Newport
Gwent
NP20 1XA
Fax: 01633 473899

When you write please give us:

full details of the problem
the name and date of birth of the person the passport was for
the date the application form was sent to us
the regional passport office the application form was sent to
the barcode number from the application form, if you have a note of it
the passport number, if you have one
information so we can contact you (name, address, postcode, day and evening phone numbers, and a fax number and email address if you have these)
the date and time of your appointment and an appointment reference number, if you visited a passport office to get your passport
By email

You can do this using the passport enquiries form (Opens in a new window).

When we get your complaint we will:

let you know we have received it (if it was a letter, fax or email)
investigate
let you know what went wrong and what we are doing to put things right
We will write to you within two weeks, either with a full reply or to let you know what is happening if we have not finished our investigation.

Further action

If you have followed step one and are not satisfied with our response, or if you have a more general complaint (for example, about a policy matter) that is not related to your specific application, please write to, fax or email:

Parliamentary and correspondence management team
IPS Chief Executive's office
2 Marsham Street
4th Floor, SE Peel Building
London SW1P 4DF

Fax: 0870 336 9175
Email: hqenquiries@ips.gsi.gov.uk

If you have followed steps one and two and are still not satisfied, you may ask your member of Parliament (MP) to raise the matter with our Chief Executive or the Home Office minister responsible for us.

If you are still not satisfied, you can ask your MP to request an investigation by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (the Ombudsman). You can only do this through your MP.
The Ombudsman's role is to investigate complaints by members of the public about the way government departments and their executive agencies have treated them.

Compensation

We realise that sometimes our mistakes may cause you expense or financial loss. In these cases, you should write us a letterand include any documents that prove your claim (for example, a receipt to show a cancelled flight).

We only normally offer compensation for financial loss as a result of delays in our guaranteed (Fast Track and Premium) services.

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Post by openshaw2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:08 am

gidoc wrote:Hi again,
It does seem that you had a rough run indeed.
The interview is only to establish ID and passport is sent within 48 hours, if checks are clear.
You have given them enough time to perform all the checks and IPS has not been able to provide you with answers. You call them once again tomorrow to obtain an answer and if not satisfied say that you are going to make a formal complaint. Do this on phone, writing and email.
All the best

Passports
If you have a complaint about how we handled your passport application, please contact us.

By phone

On 0300 222 0000. The line is open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 5.30pm weekends and public holidays.

During office hours we will put you through to our customer service team.
Outside office hours we will ask you to explain the complaint. We will then arrange for a member of our customer service team to phone you.

In writing

Please send your letter or fax to our central customer service team as follows:

Newport customer service manager
Newport passport office
PO Box 175
Newport
Gwent
NP20 1XA
Fax: 01633 473899

full details of the problem
the name and date of birth of the person the passport was for
the date the application form was sent to us
the regional passport office the application form was sent to
the barcode number from the application form, if you have a note of it
the passport number, if you have one
information so we can contact you (name, address, postcode, day and evening phone numbers, and a fax number and email address if you have these)
the date and time of your appointment and an appointment reference number, if you visited a passport office to get your passport
By email

You can do this using the passport enquiries form (Opens in a new window).

When we get your complaint we will:

let you know we have received it (if it was a letter, fax or email)
investigate
let you know what went wrong and what we are doing to put things right
We will write to you within two weeks, either with a full reply or to let you know what is happening if we have not finished our investigation.

Further action

If you have followed step one and are not satisfied with our response, or if you have a more general complaint (for example, about a policy matter) that is not related to your specific application, please write to, fax or email:

Parliamentary and correspondence management team
IPS Chief Executive's office
2 Marsham Street
4th Floor, SE Peel Building
London SW1P 4DF

Fax: 0870 336 9175
Email: hqenquiries@ips.gsi.gov.uk

If you have followed steps one and two and are still not satisfied, you may ask your member of Parliament (MP) to raise the matter with our Chief Executive or the Home Office minister responsible for us.

If you are still not satisfied, you can ask your MP to request an investigation by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (the Ombudsman). You can only do this through your MP.
The Ombudsman's role is to investigate complaints by members of the public about the way government departments and their executive agencies have treated them.

Compensation

We realise that sometimes our mistakes may cause you expense or financial loss. In these cases, you should write us a letterand include any documents that prove your claim (for example, a receipt to show a cancelled flight).

We only normally offer compensation for financial loss as a result of delays in our guaranteed (Fast Track and Premium) services.

Thanks GIDOC. I wil do excatly what you suggested. If i complain by writing or e-mail should i say am doing this on behalf of my wife and my wife give me permission to act on her behalf for the fact that she is unable to do this on her own. The last time i sent them an e-mail i quated on the e-mail that am enquiring on behalf of my wife within thirty minute i got an e-mail with the following words unfortunately we cannot disclose the progress of an Adult application to a third party for the data projection act and the end they sugested to me that i should call the IPS on this number....... and i should make sure that my wife is present. That was the time i called them when they told me to call them the next couple of weeks. It seem that they are discriminating my wife because of her disability .that the way i see the whole picture . This has cause me a lot of stress and lot of spending i paid £836 for naturalisation and £100 for the private ceremony £88.67 for the passport and now i have to keep on call them all the time for the passport it really money making and they have no feeling for human being. Once again thank u .

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Thanks GIDOC. I wil do excatly what you suggested. If i complain by writing or e-mail should i say am doing this on behalf of my wife and my wife give me permission to act on her behalf for the fact that she is unable to do this on her own. The last time i sent them an e-mail i quated on the e-mail that am enquiring on behalf of my wife within thirty minute i got an e-mail with the following words unfortunately we cannot disclose the progress of an Adult application to a third party for the data projection act and the end they sugested to me that i should call the IPS on this number....... and i should make sure that my wife is present. That was the time i called them when they told me to call them the next couple of weeks. It seem that they are discriminating my wife because of her disability .that the way i see the whole picture .

I agree. Yes, say you represent your wife and attach a copy of her disabiliy letter, which you have used earlier. Also give an authority letter from your wife, if you have any. Give your contact telephone number and wait for their call. When they do have your wife present with you.
This has cause me a lot of stress and lot of spending i paid £836 for naturalisation and £100 for the private ceremony £88.67 for the passport and now i have to keep on call them all the time for the passport it really money making and they have no feeling for human being. Once again thank u .
In your email and letter, mention this as well.

You will get her passport vey soon, after you do the above.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:38 am

openshaw2 wrote:Thanks GIDOC for your vital advice. I have not yet launch the complain to the address you gave me but i called them as you suggested to me and told them my intension so the guy told me to wait for a couple of days i wil definately know the out come so i decided to wait.

Today my wife received a letter from them this is the message the letter contains: Thank you for your recent passport application in order for us to continue plz can you forward into us a new countersigned form and certified photo remember to sign in section 9 in your new maried name......
plz can you also send into us your marriage certificate for our perusal

plz help me with the following question :
1, should i send a covering letter telling them that am the one filled the form for her and includ her medical certificate to prove she is unable to do so for her self for the fact that she got learning difficulties or let me just send what they requested in the letter?

2, does this mean that she has to go all over the processw again like attending interview.Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestion you may given to us . and once again thank you GIDOC as you ve being given us advice from the naturalisation stage up to this passport issue may the Lord reward .
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:46 pm

I suggest it may be simpler just to send the form again, she can sign it, does not have to be filled in her writing.
Also send marriage certficate and her disabity form. Send a covering letter to explain her medical situation and that she will need assistanc by yourself if she is asked to attend an interview. Do add that the previous one had caused her distress as well.
All the best

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by openshaw2 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:08 am

gidoc wrote:I suggest it may be simpler just to send the form again, she can sign it, does not have to be filled in her writing.
Also send marriage certficate and her disabity form. Send a covering letter to explain her medical situation and that she will need assistanc by yourself if she is asked to attend an interview. Do add that the previous one had caused her distress as well.
All the best.
Thanks GIDOC for being a wonderful adviser towards our delema. without you, this whole process should have be a disaster to my wife without being naturalize even though her condition of not able to met the language and life in the uk is genuine .Once again thank you . I wil up date u the out come of the passport .

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Re: Thanks

Post by openshaw2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:33 pm

[quote="openshaw2"][quote="gidoc"]I suggest it may be simpler just to send the form again, she can sign it, does not have to be filled in her writing.
All the best.[/quote]

Thanks GDOC my wife has finally received her passport yesterday without being interview agian . once again thank you for being with us from the naturalisation stage up to the passport application May the Lord reward you for ur time