ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali_saghar
Newly Registered

Need senior members attention

Post by ali_saghar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Senior members guidance required.
my settlement application was refused back in august 4, appeal was lodged on 16 august, my solicitor confirmed they have received acknowledgment letter in response to my appeal but the hearing date is yet o be annouced by court.

However, i recieved a call today (11 oct) from British Embassy Islamabad, stating that i should submit my passport along with valid TB certificate at Gerry's Isb, i also got an email subjected as Call in letter (contents copied below for senior members review). Now, am kind of all confused as to what that letter means, why would ukba require my passport and TB certificate prior to reaching any decision with regards to appeal. Seniors, please advise, below are the contents from the post decision team email.

With reference to your application(s) for entry clearance, please call your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre on 0900 10411 or mobile short code 8865 on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for the submission of your passport(s).

UKBA aims to process allowed appeals within 8 weeks of official notification of the determination. Because we may need additional information or to assess whether there have been any significant changes in your circumstances since the original decision, we have yet to make a final decision on your application. But supplying the information below, making these arrangements and providing your passport as soon as possible will assist us in progressing your case more quickly. There will be no additional charge for this service.

We are able to post date visit visas for up to three months so it is important therefore that you contact us as soon as possible even if you do not intend to travel straight away.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

§ This letter. Your passport will not be accepted at the UK Visa Application Centre if you fail to present this letter.

§ Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.

§ Please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay.

§ For settlement applicants – please provide passport copy of sponsor showing their current immigration status.

§ TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more is required to hold an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to book an appointment by calling 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday. Please note your entry into United Kingdom may be denied if you are travelling to the UK without a valid TB certificate in your possession.

anjum786mohammed

Re: Need senior members attention

Post by anjum786mohammed » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:47 pm

ali_saghar wrote:Senior members guidance required.
my settlement application was refused back in august 4, appeal was lodged on 16 august, my solicitor confirmed they have received acknowledgment letter in response to my appeal but the hearing date is yet o be annouced by court.

However, i recieved a call today (11 oct) from British Embassy Islamabad, stating that i should submit my passport along with valid TB certificate at Gerry's Isb, i also got an email subjected as Call in letter (contents copied below for senior members review). Now, am kind of all confused as to what that letter means, why would ukba require my passport and TB certificate prior to reaching any decision with regards to appeal. Seniors, please advise, below are the contents from the post decision team email.

With reference to your application(s) for entry clearance, please call your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre on 0900 10411 or mobile short code 8865 on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for the submission of your passport(s).

UKBA aims to process allowed appeals within 8 weeks of official notification of the determination. Because we may need additional information or to assess whether there have been any significant changes in your circumstances since the original decision, we have yet to make a final decision on your application. But supplying the information below, making these arrangements and providing your passport as soon as possible will assist us in progressing your case more quickly. There will be no additional charge for this service.

We are able to post date visit visas for up to three months so it is important therefore that you contact us as soon as possible even if you do not intend to travel straight away.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

§ This letter. Your passport will not be accepted at the UK Visa Application Centre if you fail to present this letter.

§ Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.

§ Please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay.

§ For settlement applicants – please provide passport copy of sponsor showing their current immigration status.

§ TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more is required to hold an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to book an appointment by calling 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday. Please note your entry into United Kingdom may be denied if you are travelling to the UK without a valid TB certificate in your possession.
u will most likely get the visa, submit all the documents required
also u will need to book an appointment at gerrys and also need a new tb certificate if ur previous one has expired.

farzana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by farzana_uk » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:12 pm

@ali_saghar

My bro in law received the same letter, wen he submitted his passport and tb certificate, he received it back with his visa stamped after 10 days. So im sure your refusal has been overturned.

ali_saghar
Newly Registered

Post by ali_saghar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Thanks for instant response @ Farzana and Anjum.

Just a quick follow up query, my TB certificate is currently valid and will expire on 11th Nov, now the point am confused about is if i should submit this TB Certificate with one month validity on it or not, coz this certificate would expire by the time they return my docs and if that happens, would i be required to obtain a new certificate before i get to UK.

Please advise..
farzana_uk wrote:@ali_saghar

My bro in law received the same letter, wen he submitted his passport and tb certificate, he received it back with his visa stamped after 10 days. So im sure your refusal has been overturned.

farzana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by farzana_uk » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm

i was told that when u arrive in the uk, u will need a valid tb certificate.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:17 pm

ali_saghar wrote:Thanks for instant response @ Farzana and Anjum.

Just a quick follow up query, my TB certificate is currently valid and will expire on 11th Nov, now the point am confused about is if i should submit this TB Certificate with one month validity on it or not, coz this certificate would expire by the time they return my docs and if that happens, would i be required to obtain a new certificate before i get to UK.

Please advise..

u still have time for it 2 expire so i recommend book ur appointment with gerrys asap. no point wasting time and money and getting a new one made but if the travel is after the expiry date then u might need to get a new one made

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:52 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:

Please advise..

u still have time for it 2 expire so i recommend book ur appointment with gerrys asap. no point wasting time and money and getting a new one made but if the travel is after the expiry date then u might need to get a new one made

Salam Ali_Saghar, Welcome to the board :D

It is most likely that they will stamp the passport with the visa and yes decision could have been overturned Inshallah. May I ask what was the reason for refusal when you initially applied?
Allah is the greatest!

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Has anyone ever included printed SMS (mobile text message) as part of the contact category for the case?

If not then would it be a good idea?

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:00 pm

shade00 wrote:Has anyone ever included printed SMS (mobile text message) as part of the contact category for the case?

what do u mean???
like the actual message of ur sms?????
i think it will be much better to just show how many sms u have sent than showing what u talk about. Thats a little toooooo personal, but if u are happy in showing what u txt each other than u can if u want.

It can be good as if u show the right messages than u could show how LOVING AND CARING UR RELATIONSHIP IS. LOL

But how can u print ur sms?
Or r u thinking about sending ur mobile phone with the application make sure its not an expensive one as you might not see it again. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

ali_saghar
Newly Registered

Post by ali_saghar » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:08 am

W.Salam, thanks for the reply.

My visa was refused basically on pretty much lame grounds, HO suspected that my marriage was a "marriage of convenience" due to the fact that i had a very little pre-marriage relationship evidence, like very few photographs of us together back in london and that in-depth details were not listed out in applicants affidavit with regards to their relationship before marriage etc.

Funny thing is that i lodged my appeal back in august and was waiting on court hearing date to be announced over a month n half, but before this could happen, BHC representative called yesterday to reveal that he has my "Call in Letter" with him which he emailed minutes later. Am quite astonished to know that they internally overturned the decision without any court appearances and hearing. Not sure if anyone out here has ever experienced any such thing before.

May Allah, the Almighty, help us all get through this bumpy ride of time. Ameen-sum-ameen.
Exquisit33 wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:

Please advise..

It is most likely that they will stamp the passport with the visa and yes decision could have been overturned Inshallah. May I ask what was the reason for refusal when you initially applied?

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:56 am

ali_saghar wrote:W.Salam, thanks for the reply.

My visa was refused basically on pretty much lame grounds, HO suspected that my marriage was a "marriage of convenience" due to the fact that i had a very little pre-marriage relationship evidence, like very few photographs of us together back in london and that in-depth details were not listed out in applicants affidavit with regards to their relationship before marriage etc.

Funny thing is that i lodged my appeal back in august and was waiting on court hearing date to be announced over a month n half, but before this could happen, BHC representative called yesterday to reveal that he has my "Call in Letter" with him which he emailed minutes later. Am quite astonished to know that they internally overturned the decision without any court appearances and hearing. Not sure if anyone out here has ever experienced any such thing before.

May Allah, the Almighty, help us all get through this bumpy ride of time. Ameen-sum-ameen.
Exquisit33 wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:

Please advise..

I will PM you later please check your messages ali_saghar. Thanks!
Allah is the greatest!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:13 am

salaam, wht does 'email decison' mean on the spreadsheet?
jzk

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:18 am

XnailaX wrote:salaam, wht does 'email decison' mean on the spreadsheet?
jzk
all it means if the decision was emailed

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 am

wife has submitted her passport in mirpur 2day, lets see how long it takes and the waiting game starts

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:45 am

Hi guys I have a friend who lodged her husband's appeal in pakistan, her husband was refused entry clearance and as she was in pakistan at time of refusal they lodged appeal there. I wanted to know would she also receive 'Notice of pending appeal' (acknowledgement letter) where IAT is given a rough date by which they have to overturn decision by? Or is it just for people that lodge appeal in UK?
Allah is the greatest!

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:04 am

Hi
@anjum786mohammed + @xNailax or any1 else who can help
What test centre did ur wife/husband do her/his english test with and how many weeks did it take for her/his certificate to come?
When u gave ur documents in Mirpur for ur application to apply for visa, how long did they take to give u appointment. Did they give u appointmnet few weeks after u called or few days?
Thanks for the help
Last edited by aaaaaa123 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:05 am

Ali-sagher - Congrats, this means they have orverturned the original decision and you should receive visa. This is normal and can happen.

T.B. certificate has to be valid when travelling.

Exquisit33 - Your friend should recieve acknowledgement. Will reply to ur pm now

Anjum - Email decision means they can either email you with a decision or a general email saying it has been processed.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:36 am

aaaaaa123, my hubby did his english test in peshawar, TOEIC test...and it took around 3 weeks for certificate to come...

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:19 am

hi, can anyone pm me a sample "accomodation letter from parents" and cover letter for vaf4a application? Thank you

Not sure whenb we will apply but it will be within 2 months am im getting all documents together.

Another question, Brent do not do housing inspection, i have been quoted £150 to get housing report by someone. Please advise on a cheaper solutions, should i go to my local estate agent?

Thank you all in advance.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 am

TB CERTIFICATE HAS TO BE VALID WHEN VISA IS BEING STAMPED.

IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE VALID WHEN TRAVELING TO UK

rehan2

Post by rehan2 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:26 pm

nadiii wrote:hi, can anyone pm me a sample "accomodation letter from parents" and cover letter for vaf4a application? Thank you

Not sure whenb we will apply but it will be within 2 months am im getting all documents together.

Another question, Brent do not do housing inspection, i have been quoted £150 to get housing report by someone. Please advise on a cheaper solutions, should i go to my local estate agent?

Thank you all in advance.

go to your local estate agents..they will do it cheaper for you....around £60 to £80....

farzana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by farzana_uk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:39 pm

@batleykhan
Could u pls check your pm.

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi Nadii

Try contacting local solicitors as some do inspection reports and not that expensive in our area.

Exquisit33 and Mohammed - apologises for delayin replying to ur PM's but I have done it. I have just been busy at work!
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:04 am

anjum786mohammed wrote:
shade00 wrote:Has anyone ever included printed SMS (mobile text message) as part of the contact category for the case?

what do u mean???
like the actual message of ur sms?????
i think it will be much better to just show how many sms u have sent than showing what u talk about. Thats a little toooooo personal, but if u are happy in showing what u txt each other than u can if u want.

It can be good as if u show the right messages than u could show how LOVING AND CARING UR RELATIONSHIP IS. LOL

But how can u print ur sms?
Or r u thinking about sending ur mobile phone with the application make sure its not an expensive one as you might not see it again. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
You could print them via mobile software such as samsung pc studio. My sms listing is on my itemised bill however printing them would be quite good. Its nothing personal just the standard messages like how are you etc..

farzana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by farzana_uk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:34 am

I was just watching BBC News, and it said that the age limit for non EU spouses is being changed back from 21 to 18, as the judge said it was unlawful to have it set at 21.
I know ther r sum ppl on this board who were waiting till they turn 21 before they can apply for their spouse's visa, this is very good news for them.