ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to India Tier1 dependant return by British passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eg2905
Newly Registered

Travel to India Tier1 dependant return by British passport

Post by eg2905 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Dear Members,

We parents both are on ILR ( received in may 2011), But UK born our child having Indian passport and Tier1 dependant visa ( expiring on 26th Nov). I have applied for his naturalisation certificate on 28th July and awaiting for the same ( already acknoledged on 12th Aug).
We have planned to go to India for holiday and booked tickets for 1st week of Dec.

Can my child accompany me to India on his Indian passport ( on expired Tier 1 dep visa) and travel back to UK using his British passport If I can manage to get before 1st week of Dec 2011. Or can I give only Indian passport with expired UK visa at immigration in India?!?

I have read that there is 3months grace period for travelling on indian passport after getting naturalisation certificate (BC).

Will I end up in trouble in Indian immigration while I come back when I show British passport with no visa stamped on it.

The issue is that I will not have enough time to surrendor child's Indian passport and get visa after getting naturalisation certificate and British passport.
I am even worried by the current timeline whether I will get my child's naturalisation certificate in time to get the British passport for the travel in 1st week of Dec. ( eight weeks from now)

I appreciate all your suggestions and clarifications. Thanks

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:36 pm

We parents both are on ILR ( received in may 2011), But UK born our child having Indian passport and Tier1 dependant visa ( expiring on 26th Nov). I have applied for his naturalisation certificate on 28th July and awaiting for the same ( already acknoledged on 12th Aug).
We have planned to go to India for holiday and booked tickets for 1st week of Dec.
It will take about 6 wks for you to get a British passport, SC and a visa.Perhaps you can do it by then but it may be close.
Can my child accompany me to India on his Indian passport ( on expired Tier 1 dep visa) and travel back to UK using his British passport If I can manage to get before 1st week of Dec 2011. Or can I give only Indian passport with expired UK visa at immigration in India?!?
You should not be doing this. Issue is the expiring leave to remain in UK which will cause problems at Indian immigration.

I have read that there is 3months grace period for travelling on indian passport after getting naturalisation certificate (BC).
Not quite correct, people have done it but they will have to pay a fine when they apply for OCI. Your issue as I wrote above is the expiring leave to remain in the UK.
Will I end up in trouble in Indian immigration while I come back when I show British passport with no visa stamped on it.
Yes, most certainly.
The issue is that I will not have enough time to surrendor child's Indian passport and get visa after getting naturalisation certificate and British passport.
I am even worried by the current timeline whether I will get my child's naturalisation certificate in time to get the British passport for the travel in 1st week of Dec. ( eight weeks from now)
Yes, its very close. Your best bet is to delay your travel until you sort this
out. The only other option which will be an extra expense, is to extend his leave to remain and then apply for British Passport upon return to UK.