ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

earnings bands

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hrayrd

earnings bands

Post by hrayrd » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Hey All,
I am going to apply for Tier 1 extension and i have got one important question, please who knows exact and definite answer let me know, would be highly appreciated.

So i need to show my last 12 months earnings. 3 months of that 12 i worked abroad in my home country, 9 months i work here in London.

So lets say in that 3 months abroad i earned 10,000 USD. Will this 10,000 multiplied with my country band's ratio? My country is in Band D and and its ratio is 5.3, so should i do 5.3*10,000 or in case of extension there is not a chance to apply ratio?
I tried on calculator, but seems it doesnt apply the ratio?

Can anybody help plz?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Reading the *current* policy guidance will help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hrayrd

Post by hrayrd » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks for that!
I found this there "An uplift ratio will not be applied to any earnings made while you were in the UK working for an overseas company. If you are already in the UK under Tier 1 (General) and you are applying to extend your stay, you cannot claim uplift rations on any overseas earnings"

Which really doesnt make sense. If i was in UK just 9 months before applying, and worked 3 months overseas before that, so i cant adjust it??

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:59 am

hrayrd wrote:"If you are already in the UK under Tier 1 (General) and you are applying to extend your stay, you cannot claim uplift rations on any overseas earnings"

Which really doesnt make sense. If i was in UK just 9 months before applying, and worked 3 months overseas before that, so i cant adjust it??
You are in the UK? Yes
You are under Tier 1 (General)? Yes
You are applying to extend your stay? Yes

Therefore, you cannot claim uplift ratios on any overseas earnings.