ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aga85
Newly Registered

help needed please

Post by aga85 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:44 pm

I would appreciate if someone helped me on that issue.
My friend has recently got an irish passport, she's been living in Ireland for the past 15 years and she has 4 kids. But her husband lives in Nigeria, he runs his business there. He just comes and goes back. And he will be moving here permanently. But she decided to move to UK with her kids, get a job and apparently live here. And they want to apply from UK for his residence. And now my question is: what do they need to apply for, EEA2 or Family permit? As an irsih citizen does she have the same rights in uk as any other EU citizen? Please, help. Thank you.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:24 pm

She has the rights as any other EEA citizen. First step would be family permit.

aga85
Newly Registered

Post by aga85 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Jambo wrote:She has the rights as any other EEA citizen. First step would be family permit.
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

dalebutt

Re: help needed please

Post by dalebutt » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:37 pm

aga85 wrote:I would appreciate if someone helped me on that issue.
My friend has recently got an irish passport, she's been living in Ireland for the past 15 years and she has 4 kids. But her husband lives in Nigeria, he runs his business there. He just comes and goes back. And he will be moving here permanently. But she decided to move to UK with her kids, get a job and apparently live here. And they want to apply from UK for his residence. And now my question is: what do they need to apply for, EEA2 or Family permit? As an irsih citizen does she have the same rights in uk as any other EU citizen? Please, help. Thank you.
If your friends husband is applying from Nigeria he would need the EEA family permit but if he is applying from within then EEA2. However she cant apply for residence card from outside the UK for her husband, he has to apply for EEA family permit first then after his arrival in the UK and when your friend begins exercsing her EUTR by being a student, self employed, self sufficient or in paid employment. Her husband at this time could then apply for residence card i assume that would be EEA2. Ofcourse your friend has an equal right being and Irish citizen who intends to settle permanently in the UK as any other EU citizen.

If he wants to apply from Nigeria as requested by the UKBA he would need the following

a copy of the EEA national's passport, endorsed by the EEA national's embassy in the country of application); and
proof of your relationship to the EEA national (for example, your birth certificate or marriage certificate); and
a letter from the EEA national, declaring that you are travelling with them or are joining them in the UK.

aga85
Newly Registered

Re: help needed please

Post by aga85 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:30 pm

dalebutt wrote:
aga85 wrote:I would appreciate if someone helped me on that issue.
If your friends husband is applying from Nigeria he would need the EEA family permit but if he is applying from within then EEA2. However she cant apply for residence card from outside the UK for her husband, he has to apply for EEA family permit first then after his arrival in the UK and when your friend begins exercsing her EUTR by being a student, self employed, self sufficient or in paid employment. Her husband at this time could then apply for residence card i assume that would be EEA2. Ofcourse your friend has an equal right being and Irish citizen who intends to settle permanently in the UK as any other EU citizen.

If he wants to apply from Nigeria as requested by the UKBA he would need the following

a copy of the EEA national's passport, endorsed by the EEA national's embassy in the country of application); and
proof of your relationship to the EEA national (for example, your birth certificate or marriage certificate); and
a letter from the EEA national, declaring that you are travelling with them or are joining them in the UK.
Thank you so much for your help.