ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sham marriages

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IrishTom
BANNED

Sham marriages

Post by IrishTom » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWZhZjIDubE

Just how wide spread is this in Ireland? :shock: [/url]

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:30 pm

From the volume of EU treaty rights applications between Eastern European women and Asian men, it seems it is quite prevalent.

It really infuriates me that there are people like this out there and I think it is up there as one of the worst crimes.

I wish the Irish Immigration Service and GNIB would do more to combat this rather than just point blank being suspicious and prejudice about every single application.

Real married couples are suffering at the hands of these fraudsters.

Even if they cannot introduce legislation, it is really simple. Interview EVERY couple (individually) that you are suspicious of. If they don't know answers to basic questions, like family history, how they like their tea, what music they like etc etc about each other, then refuse the application.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Watch paul connolly's investigation into sham marraiges...

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=pau ... ideo=39950

This is much better insight then that youtube clip. It also shows the exact failings of INIS and there laxy dazy approach towards this issue which is the cause of anger for other EU neighbors.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:08 am

Monifé wrote:From the volume of EU treaty rights applications between Eastern European women and Asian men, it seems it is quite prevalent.

It really infuriates me that there are people like this out there and I think it is up there as one of the worst crimes.

I wish the Irish Immigration Service and GNIB would do more to combat this rather than just point blank being suspicious and prejudice about every single application.

Real married couples are suffering at the hands of these fraudsters.

Even if they cannot introduce legislation, it is really simple. Interview EVERY couple (individually) that you are suspicious of. If they don't know answers to basic questions, like family history, how they like their tea, what music they like etc etc about each other, then refuse the application.
i don't think eu law allows this

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:11 am

fatty patty wrote:Watch paul connolly's investigation into sham marraiges...

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=pau ... ideo=39950

This is much better insight then that youtube clip. It also shows the exact failings of INIS and there laxy dazy approach towards this issue which is the cause of anger for other EU neighbors.
yet when they do something, or the brits do it, you lot or the courts stop it.interviews could be easily menipulated if your smart enough.

jebbaolu
BANNED

Post by jebbaolu » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:16 am

It does not take the INIS years to ascertain that fact does it ?

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:59 am

It only disgusts me seeing people around who were involved in such sham marriages and getting same status as any legitimate couple....

jebbaolu
BANNED

Post by jebbaolu » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:50 am

knapps wrote:It only disgusts me seeing people around who were involved in such sham marriages and getting same status as any legitimate couple....
I suggest you deal with INIS, if you submitted application on leave to remain on the basis of ''Marriage'' in the state, and furthermore, what's your argument all about ?

:lol:

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:45 pm

jebbaolu wrote:It does not take the INIS years to ascertain that fact does it ?
what fact? europe has tied the hands of national authorities to investigate.in this part of the world you need evidence to back up allegations

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:19 pm

why on youtube it read "European Women are Sold as Slaves to Muslims in Ireland" only Muslims are buying those girls? :?:

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:59 pm

flatpack wrote:why on youtube it read "European Women are Sold as Slaves to Muslims in Ireland" only Muslims are buying those girls? :?:
are you suggesting that the department was never aware of this?

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:25 pm

No I m not, my question is why only Muslims are targeted in this?
walrusgumble wrote:
flatpack wrote:why on youtube it read "European Women are Sold as Slaves to Muslims in Ireland" only Muslims are buying those girls? :?:

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:02 pm

flatpack wrote:No I m not, my question is why only Muslims are targeted in this?
walrusgumble wrote:
It tells about the state of mind of the person who uploaded this video, it was a legitimate news article which was put up in that fashion, so stop getting annoyed over this.

Going back to the subject its a well known fact that the INIS is failing in this regard and legislation is needed quick to fix the problems highlighted.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:14 pm

European women are being sold as slaves to Pakistani and Nigerian men and posters are more concerned about the use of the word muslim in the title of the clip.

FFS!

Time for the Irish state to grow a set and come down on these slave traders like a tonne of bricks.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:07 pm

fatty patty wrote:
flatpack wrote:No I m not, my question is why only Muslims are targeted in this?
walrusgumble wrote:
It tells about the state of mind of the person who uploaded this video, it was a legitimate news article which was put up in that fashion, so stop getting annoyed over this.

Going back to the subject its a well known fact that the INIS is failing in this regard and legislation is needed quick to fix the problems highlighted.
there was a solution in the immigration bill.only allow marriages take place in ireland if non eu was legal.few human rights are absolute ie right to marry.gnib have authority to arrest illegals that they come across &thoose aiding & abeiting,sham marriages legislation is not absolutely essential if they can nab them b4 marriage.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
what is the main religion of those known to be involved?i am at unease at the idea that someone's religion is mentioned.why do they assume all people from certain countries are muslim. fatty, who were you suggesting is getting annoyed?i aint there all the same to me, post like this a pointless,the idea of reponding to idiots on youtube or self persecutory complexs

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:17 pm

fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

and your specific eu approved solutions are?

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

there was a solution in the immigration bill.only allow marriages take place in ireland if non eu was legal.few human rights are absolute ie right to marry.gnib have authority to arrest illegals that they come across &thoose aiding & abeiting,sham marriages legislation is not absolutely essential if they can nab them b4 marriage.
I disagree, legislation is necessary if INIS needed to avoid humiliation in courts for e.g the recent case where a judge ordered INIS to release a failed asylum applicant where he was found to be marrying for convenience.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 82324.html

Until aiding or acting in a marriage of convenience be made a crime it will never solve this situation as at present legit couples are taking the rap, Ireland is viewed as the soft touch all over EU. American/British style interviews can be cheated yes but it will atleast make sham marriage candidates think twice before going for it.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:30 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
what is the main religion of those known to be involved?i am at unease at the idea that someone's religion is mentioned.why do they assume all people from certain countries are muslim. fatty, who were you suggesting is getting annoyed?i aint there all the same to me, post like this a pointless,the idea of reponding to idiots on youtube or self persecutory complexs
I was responding to flatpack there not you.

yable22
BANNED

Post by yable22 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Article 19 TFEU (ex Article 13 EC)
Based on equal opportunity laws state
Without prejudice to the other provisons of the treaties and within the limits of the powers conferred by them upon the union, the council, acting unanimously in accordance with a special legislative procedure and after obtaining the consent of the European parliament, may take appropriate action to combat discrimination based on sex, facial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation. Re Kokkinakis v Greece 1994 17 EHRR 397 And Arrowsmith V United kingdom 1978 19 DR5.

And Irish Bunreacht Na hEireann says...

Article 44 (1-4)
The state acknowledge that the homage of public worship is due to almighty God. It shall hold his name in reverence and respect and honor religion.

Freedom of conscience and the free profession and practice of religion are, subject to public order and morality, guaranteed to every citizen.

The state guaranteed not to endow any religion.

The state shall not impose any disabilities or make any discrimination on the ground of religion profession, belief or status''~

Legislation providing state aid for schools shall not discriminate between schools under the management of different religious denominations, nor be such as to affect pre judicially the right of any child to attend a school receiving public money without attending religion instruction at that school.

So why are you making such quoted statement or why are you trying to portray any negativity about Muslims or Islam?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:07 am

fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
fatty patty wrote:

I disagree, legislation is necessary if INIS needed to avoid humiliation in courts for e.g the recent case where a judge ordered INIS to release a failed asylum applicant where he was found to be marrying for convenience.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 82324.html

Until aiding or acting in a marriage of convenience be made a crime it will never solve this situation as at present legit couples are taking the rap, Ireland is viewed as the soft touch all over EU. American/British style interviews can be cheated yes but it will atleast make sham marriage candidates think twice before going for it.

You don't need to marry in order to aid and albeit an illegal immigrant to who remains illegal The legislation is there in the 2000 2003 and 2004 legislation.

You have being asked twice, to provide your solutions to this problem, that would be approved by the EU. Interviews, again are pointless, they can be cheated. I don't think that you are allowed to have systematic checks. It would look rather arbitrary to pick one couple out and not another.

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:43 pm

eastern-european women get paid (aything from 5, 000 up to 10,000 euro in return for the "favour" which is to marry them. These men are mostly from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. They do it so that they can achieve some form of permanent residence and then stay on in an European Union country- it definitely isa scam !!

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:08 pm

tullamore wrote:eastern-european women get paid (aything from 5, 000 up to 10,000 euro in return for the "favour" which is to marry them. These men are mostly from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. They do it so that they can achieve some form of permanent residence and then stay on in an European Union country- it definitely isa scam !!
Well every country has good and bad ppl .. many Irish and other EU lived in USA illegal .... UK invade Inida / Pakistan and lived there illegal .. robed wealth of Indo pak so ... many Pakistani Doctors / Engineers / I.T Engineers / are working in Ireland so the point is its depends on person to person ...