ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport - final check list

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramesheuk

British passport - final check list

Post by ramesheuk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:15 am

Hi,

I am about to send our passport applications (using post office check and send) and need your advice on my final checklist.

My passport:
1) Indian passport (Renewed one - not the expired passport)
2) Home office letter regarding approval of Naturalistion
3) Citizenship certificate given to me by my council (during ceremony)
4) Additional signed paper with my previous address details (for last 3 years only) and my grand parents marriage dates (I don't know their date of births).

My wife passport:
1) Indian passport
3) Citizenship certificate given to us by our council (during ceremony)
4) Additional signed paper with previous address details (for last 3 years only) and her grand parents marriage dates (she don't know their date of births).

My elder son (Born in India and got citizenship certificate along with us)
1) Indian passport (Renewed one - not the expired passport) (I am not sending his birth certificate).
4) Additional signed paper with previous address details (for last 3 years only) and grand parents marriage dates.

My second son (Born in UK but on Indian passport and got citizenship certificate along with us)
1) Indian passport
4) Additional signed paper with previous address details (for last 3 years only) and grand parents marriage dates.
5) His full birth certificate (which is having our (parents) names on it). We are not sending our marriage certificate (please correct me if wrong).

Please advice me if any thing missing?

Thanks in advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 am

PO will double check your list anyway.

There is no need to send the approval letters from the HO.

BTW - Did you get your UK born child certificate following your ceremony? Registration certificates are usually sent with the approval letter as there is no ceremony needed.

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Jambo wrote:PO will double check your list anyway.

There is no need to send the approval letters from the HO.

BTW - Did you get your UK born child certificate following your ceremony? Registration certificates are usually sent with the approval letter as there is no ceremony needed.
No, we received my child's certificate at ceremony time only. How ever they mentioned they don't need oath from my son.

Thanks,