ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after ILR under 10 years Long Residency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Hi

Could someonbe please guide me to the correct application form which i need to fill for naturalisation. I got ILR last year under long residency category and now wants to apply for naturalisation. My questions are

1. Do i have to send all the documents again? i.e. my passports, bank statements, education certificates etc

2. Can i apply 28 days before my ILR anniversery?

3. What is the fee for naturalisation application?

4. Can i show my documents somewhere so i dont have to send them again as ai am planning on travling over next few months?

I would really appreciate your help and support in this.

Thanks
J

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation after ILR under 10 years Long Residency

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:02 pm

jack199 wrote:1. Do i have to send all the documents again? i.e. my passports, bank statements, education certificates etc
You will find that naturalisation requires much less paperwork compared to ILR. Normally just the passport is needed but see full list of documents required here.
2. Can i apply 28 days before my ILR anniversery?
No. After 12 months of ILR.
3. What is the fee for naturalisation application?
£836
4. Can i show my documents somewhere so i dont have to send them again as ai am planning on travling over next few months?
Yes. Use NCS

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Thank you very much for this information, but one more questions

The NCS, how do they work, do i have to pay any extras to them?
Will they send the application on my behalf?
Do I have to fill the full form and then take it to them?

I would really appreciate if someone can shed some light on above questions

Many Thanks in Advance
J

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:49 pm

jack199 wrote:The NCS, how do they work, do i have to pay any extras to them?
Yes. The fee depends on the council but it's £30-50 per applicant. shop around if you wish (you don't need to use your own council).

Will they send the application on my behalf?
Yes and the special delivery cost is covered by the fee.
Do I have to fill the full form and then take it to them?
Yes. They will photocopy your supporting documents and send them with the full form.

Read more here

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi

I am filling my AN form for naturalisation and section 1.23 asks for my parents details, do i have to write these. As far as i know i never send HO my parent's details! Could you please confirm if i have to fill this section of the application?

Also i was here in the UK as a student most of my life and then after 10 years manage to get my ILR, do i have to shoe all my certificates again? as HO already have them all?

Also Section 2 talks about the days outside the UK is that just last 5 years? pr do i have to include days over the last 10 years as i received ILR based on 10 years rule

Do i need a letter from my employer?

I am going to take these to my local council who are going to review the application and then send those on my behalf, what else do you think i need?

Thanks
Jack

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation after ILR under 10 years Long Residency

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:48 pm

jack199 wrote:I am filling my AN form for naturalisation and section 1.23 asks for my parents details, do i have to write these. As far as i know i never send HO my parent's details! Could you please confirm if i have to fill this section of the application?
Why not to fill it in? You need to provide the details. It doesn't matter that the HO doesn't have them. They might be asking for the details from other reasons (checking that you are not British already by your parents or maybe just for their records to identify you and your children in future).
Also i was here in the UK as a student most of my life and then after 10 years manage to get my ILR, do i have to shoe all my certificates again? as HO already have them all?
No. See my first response to you. Naturalisation doesn't require a lot of evidence.

Also Section 2 talks about the days outside the UK is that just last 5 years? pr do i have to include days over the last 10 years as i received ILR based on 10 years rule
Just the last 5 years.
Do i need a letter from my employer?
No.
I am going to take these to my local council who are going to review the application and then send those on my behalf, what else do you think i need?
The last page of AN form list the evidence needed and it is quite clear what is required. Check the list but I would guess that in your case, a passport is probably all that is needed.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:05 pm

thanks a lot for your prompt reply - Really appreciate this