ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on EEA application form - self sufficient

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Penelope111
Newly Registered

Question on EEA application form - self sufficient

Post by Penelope111 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:44 am

I have created a new topic as this is a different question.

I have checked that I have the 06/2011 versions.

My husband is the EEA national and we are applying on the self sufficient category based on my employment. I know I am probably being really silly but I feel that the form is not quite right. On the EEA form, we have filled in secion 1, 8, 9 and so on.

On the EEA2, we have filled in 1, 3, 8 and so on.

Where do I fill in about my employment details? On section 5 of EEA2 it says "complete this if you are applying as the family member of an EEA national who is a paid worker. If you are supporting them through working you must refer to Section 7".

It seems like I must fill in Section 7 - but this is for EEA nationals who are students.

Should I fill in my employment details on section 5 of EEA2?

Please help! I am about to cry with frustration and can't sleep :(

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:41 pm

The form is meant to be all-singing and dancing, but doesn't cover every possible scenario. Another that is missing is applying for an EEA2 on the basis that the EU national has permanent residence.

Relax. The form is not mandatory anyway. Complete it as best you can and include a covering letter if you feel you have to.

What did you do first time round?

Penelope111
Newly Registered

Post by Penelope111 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 pm

We submitted as self sufficient, and I included details of my employment which are the funds to maintain ourselves. HO sent the application back to us saying insufficient documentation. I called them today and they said to explain in a covering letter!

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:16 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:The form is meant to be all-singing and dancing, but doesn't cover every possible scenario. Another that is missing is applying for an EEA2 on the basis that the EU national has permanent residence.

Relax. The form is not mandatory anyway. Complete it as best you can and include a covering letter if you feel you have to.

What did you do first time round?
There is a section where you tick a box to show that EEA national has PR and so you don't have to provide any evidence of work etc. Please peruse the form again :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Yes, there are lots of boxes to tick, but if ever one finds that the form doesn't suit one's application, a covering letter might help to augment it. An EU national can demonstrate their treaty rights in whatsoever form is appropriate to their situation - there are no absolute fixed rules.