ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR Cert received have some questions please help.!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rukh
BANNED

LTR Cert received have some questions please help.!!

Post by Rukh » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:22 am

I have received LTR cert . stated 5 years from now .
- Q- What will happen after 5 years ? do i need to apply again for LTR ?
- Q - Do i need to apply for LTR for my dependents or the visa will increase with same cert ?
- Q - I still have 9 months visa do i have to go to local immigration office now or once my visa will finish ?
- Q - Do i have to pay again to get the GNIB Card or visa on passport ?
- Q - Do i have to send this letter to my Citizenship application ?

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:28 am

Not sure If i can answer all the question

Q1 you will have to apply for PR (Permanent residency) after 5 years
Q3 Do not wait for 9 months you must go now to get it extended
Q4 I think you have to pay if you are not a non EU spouse
Q5 no you dont have to send this letter with your citizenship application

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:37 am

Congratulations. When did you apply for LTR and in how many months did you get it?

Thanks

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 am

alpha_1 wrote:Congratulations. When did you apply for LTR and in how many months did you get it?

Thanks
Thanks all and sply for Knapps ( You are always so helpful ) Star of this form :)
I took around 74 days in total to get this approved for my LTR.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:39 am

Rukh wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:Congratulations. When did you apply for LTR and in how many months did you get it?

Thanks
Thanks all and sply for Knapps ( You are always so helpful ) Star of this form :)
Great. Its very quick.

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:49 am

alpha_1 wrote:
Rukh wrote:

Thanks
Great. Its very quick.
Yeh now much relaxed...

Will this LTR approval effect somehow on my Citizenship application ?
or this nothing to do with Citizenship ?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:13 pm

There is no harm in sending your LTR certificate into the Citizenship division.

I heard somewhere on this forum that it sometimes helps with speeding the application up.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks Rukh,

But the thing is it is LTR not PR.

I got my LTR in less than 1.5 months too based on spouse of EU citizen. which is for 5 years. Bear in mind PR is for 10 years.
So, if you apply for citizenship..you should be here for 5 years on valid visa...

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:37 pm

knapps wrote:Thanks Rukh,

I got my LTR in less than 1.5 months too based on spouse of EU citizen. which is for 5 years. Bear in mind PR is for 10 years.
So, if you apply for citizenship..you should be here for 5 years on valid visa...
Yes thanks i have already passed my 5 Years with valid Working visa and 5 years working paying tax and still working .. i have applied for Citizenship and have my reference number number with me . I hope once that will be cleared i will have no need for PR :)

WimStar
BANNED

Post by WimStar » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Rukh wrote:
knapps wrote:Thanks Rukh,

Yes thanks i have already passed my 5 Years with valid Working visa and 5 years working paying tax and still working .. i have applied for Citizenship and have my reference number number with me . I hope once that will be cleared i will have no need for PR :)
as i have also received my LTR and had same question if anyone can address ?
Tomorrow i have to got to GNIB to extend my visa using LTR do i have to pay for GNIB card ?
and do i have to pay for the Visa again ?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:21 pm

Q- What will happen after 5 years ? do i need to apply again for LTR ?
after 5 years your LTR will be renewed automatically by your immigration officer/GNIB. no need to reapply

- Q - Do i need to apply for LTR for my dependents or the visa will increase with same cert ?
Your dependants have to apply themselves when they have 5 years on stamp 3. stamp 2 is not counted, and children under 16 do not get a stamp, thus that time does not count. LTR for dependants is free of charge.

- Q - I still have 9 months visa do i have to go to local immigration office now or once my visa will finish ?
LTR is valid for 5 years from the date of your letter. If you go after 1 year, you will get it for the remainder 4 years only.

you still have to pay 150e for the GNIB card and to pay for re-entry visa if you require it.

If you wish, but i think they get notified automatically as soon as you are granted LTR.

ehaque
Newly Registered

Post by ehaque » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Today I received a letter from Long Term Residency division regarding my application (submitted on 29/07/2011). It states that they are ready to proceed with my application but they require the following additional documents:

1. Letter from employer stating that I'm still in employment

2. Copy of my current contract of employment

This is pissing me off big time. First of all, I had submitted the letter from my employer at the time of my application. So I don't understand why this is requested again. On top of that none of these documents are mentioned on INIS website as pre-requisite for Long Term Residency. If that was the case, I would have submitted them as part of my original application as I had them done for the citizenship application. Absolutely Ludicrous!!

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:08 pm

ehaque wrote:Today I received a letter from Long Term Residency division regarding my application (submitted on 29/07/2011). It states that they are ready to proceed with my application but they require the following additional documents:

1. Letter from employer stating that I'm still in employment

2. Copy of my current contract of employment

This is pissing me off big time. First of all, I had submitted the letter from my employer at the time of my application. So I don't understand why this is requested again. On top of that none of these documents are mentioned on INIS website as pre-requisite for Long Term Residency. If that was the case, I would have submitted them as part of my original application as I had them done for the citizenship application. Absolutely Ludicrous!!
I am in line along with you. I have submitted my employment letter also along with you on the 19th of august. I might also get a similar kind of request that you have got .. we cannot do much thing dude .. but have to go with they say ..

congrats and good luck .. don't be pissed off .. but send the letter ... and be in peace!

thanks
*$

ehaque
Newly Registered

Post by ehaque » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:34 pm

I know I have to live with this 'system'. I just needed to vent my frustration somewhere ;) Authorities are always stating that 55% of all citizenship applications received by the INIS had to be returned to applicants due to them being incorrectly completed. But they never bother to provide precise and unambiguous information. At least they are heading towards the right direction..

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:42 pm

ehaque wrote:I know I have to live with this 'system'. I just needed to vent my frustration somewhere ;) Authorities are always stating that 55% of all citizenship applications received by the INIS had to be returned to applicants due to them being incorrectly completed. But they never bother to provide precise and unambiguous information. At least they are heading towards the right direction..
thats the spirit .. yep i agree with your vent in this forum .. and i hope now you are ok .. enjoy the moment and i hope the citizenship stuff also goes through as soon as possible.

*$

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:28 am

agniukas wrote:Q- What will happen after 5 years ? do i need to apply again for LTR ?
after 5 years your LTR will be renewed automatically by your immigration officer/GNIB. no need to reapply

Your dependants have to apply themselves when they have 5 years on stamp 3. stamp 2 is not counted, and children under 16 do not get a stamp, thus that time does not count. LTR for dependants is free of charge.

LTR is valid for 5 years from the date of your letter. If you go after 1 year, you will get it for the remainder 4 years only.

you still have to pay 150e for the GNIB card and to pay for re-entry visa if you require it.

If you wish, but i think they get notified automatically as soon as you are granted LTR.

Thank you so much for this kind information i will wait for the Citizenship as there is no point for me to spend another 150 + 100 euro for visa and GNIB as i still have a year visa in hand ...

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:37 am

Rukh wrote:
agniukas wrote:Q- What will happen after 5 years ? do i need to apply again for LTR ?

Thank you so much for this kind information i will wait for the Citizenship as there is no point for me to spend another 150 + 100 euro for visa and GNIB as i still have a year visa in hand ...

Rukh,

I would like to highlight you to the following note ..

Note: If the prescribed fee is not paid within 28 days of the issue of the approval letter, this section will not pursue the matter further with the applicant. However, should an applicant wish to complete the Long Term Residency process at a later date, he/she should be aware that some steps in the processing procedure may need to be repeated and this may result in further delays

in the website ...
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Lo ... _Residency

Also, i have noticed that if you get the LTR your citizenship is going fast. Though this is not published anywhere i am seeing this kind of a trend. Please take an informed decision in this regard.

Also, please let me know if i am missing anything.

cheers
*$

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:24 pm

starbuck wrote:
Rukh wrote:

Rukh,

I would like to highlight you to the following note ..

Note: If the prescribed fee is not paid within 28 days of the issue of the approval letter, this section will not pursue the matter further with the applicant. However, should an applicant wish to complete the Long Term Residency process at a later date, he/she should be aware that some steps in the processing procedure may need to be repeated and this may result in further delays

in the website ...
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Lo ... _Residency

Also, i have noticed that if you get the LTR your citizenship is going fast. Though this is not published anywhere i am seeing this kind of a trend. Please take an informed decision in this regard.

Also, please let me know if i am missing anything.

cheers
*$
Thanks . But once you received the cert i think you are all done with LTR ..because paid 500 $ . my point is that since i have received my LTR Cert i still have stamp 4 for 9 months and i have paid for this already so why i will pay another 150 ... i will do that if my Citizenship will not arrived within that 9 months so i will go ahead and use my LTR cert to renew my visa up to my passport ...
i am not sure if this ok with my application or must have to go to GNIB

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:45 pm

rukh,

thanks for the clarification. So are you planning to send only the LTR cert to the citizenship dept ?

thanks
*$

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:59 pm

starbuck wrote:rukh,

thanks for the clarification. So are you planning to send only the LTR cert to the citizenship dept ?

thanks
*$
Correct . i posted this today :) i have no plan to spend 150 euro for nothing as i still have visa which i already paid for ;)
Thanks for the reply

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Rukh wrote:

thanks
*$
Correct . i posted this today :) i have no plan to spend 150 euro for nothing as i still have visa which i already paid for ;)
Thanks for the reply
man thats good .. let me know how it goes .. i am hoping to get that one day .. but i think i wud get my garda card done as i am not sure how the citizenship stuff would go ahead .. i am just praying that i get that in the next 2 months .. please keep me posted and good luck!

cheers
*$

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:43 pm

starbuck wrote:
Rukh wrote:

thanks
*$
Thanks for the reply
man thats good .. let me know how it goes .. i am hoping to get that one day .. but i think i wud get my garda card done as i am not sure how the citizenship stuff would go ahead .. i am just praying that i get that in the next 2 months .. please keep me posted and good luck!

cheers
*$

Sure you will get it soon ... Have they asked you to send your job contract + Current Job letter for LTR ?

If yes that means you are all done and once you will send that you will get in next day reply as i got.. Gud luck and i will keep posting you guys ..

I got ref letter on 05/10/2011 for Citizenship so i will be after you as i was late on that :) ..

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Sure you will get it soon ... Have they asked you to send your job contract + Current Job letter for LTR ?

If yes that means you are all done and once you will send that you will get in next day reply as i got.. Gud luck and i will keep posting you guys ..

I got ref letter on 05/10/2011 for Citizenship so i will be after you as i was late on that :) ..
nopes i did not get any correspondence till date. I applied on august - 20 and am yet to receive more information from them.

thanks
*$

Rukh
BANNED

Post by Rukh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:57 pm

starbuck wrote:

nopes i did not get any correspondence till date. I applied on august - 20 and am yet to receive more information from them.

thanks
*$
Just relax it will done soon :) max time is 2~3 months for the moment there is NO long Q its just they need some verification .. i wish my citizenship will be don Feb/March and i have to move to Dublin for new job i want to change something else now .. ;)

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:58 pm

You have to be in employment at the time of applying for LTR and during the processing. Therefore, they are checking whether you are still working or not.