ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! T2 No SOC code per new form is this a problem?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deleted_user

Urgent! T2 No SOC code per new form is this a problem?

Post by deleted_user » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi,
My employer is reluctant to state outright that "I am still required for the job" in their letter (they are unsure between their HR and legal department). However I they have given me a letter which states that I am a permanent full-time employee and my salary is £X and I am a hard working employee.

Can anyone tell me if this letter will satisfy the visa requirements, since I am permanent full-time?

Thanks.
Last edited by deleted_user on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

rahi14
Newly Registered

Post by rahi14 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:36 am

I don't think such a letter would help , as the rules clearly say that the employer has to mention that it needs you for the job. Please see this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

You also need to have the SOC mentioned in the letter . I have heard of experiences where absence of either or both of these things has led to ILR refusal. You need to convince your employer somehow to get these things mentioned in the letter. I'd say by hook or by crook :wink:

uk_mkh

Post by uk_mkh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:20 pm

I wonder if you could also potentially rather get your employer to write the letter to say they need you for the 'foreseeable future' as per the requirements. Look at sticky post in this (ILR) section on this board.

People have used the reference letter on this board successfully.

As things change companies may or may not need you, but at the point of time of the letter, they need you for their 'foreseeable future'. This I think does not beholden them or create a legal right for you to have employment with them you for the rest of your life!

You could your ILR. You could then quit 5 days later or they could fire you/make you redundant. You or they will not have broken the law should this circumstance occur.

I am not legally trained, but am merely offering advice based on the many posts I have read on this board (which is brilliant!!).

Thankfully, my company will be writing the letter in the same format as the reference letter on this board - i think (hope!) that it will allow me to successfully apply for ILR since all other requirements are met.

uk_mkh

Post by uk_mkh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:23 pm

This is the one I am talking about:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=76413

sarath1212

Post by sarath1212 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:09 pm

uk_mkh wrote:This is the one I am talking about:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=76413

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks for the replies. But the HR department have already decided and any attempt to speak with them gets the answer that they have discussed the case with home office and this is the required letter.

There are a few of us who will be applying and they have issued the same letter template to all of us.

I am not sure if they have discussed this with home office, in any case every time you call the home office helpline they can give slightly different answers depending on who you speak to. So I want to know from those who have applied if this letter will work, or I should start preparing my bags...

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Hey thanks everyone.
I pointed the HR dept to this forum and after having a 'meeting' they have agreed to issue the letter to me with the 'forseeable future' line in it.

sarath1212

Post by sarath1212 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:38 pm

dimension7 wrote:Hey thanks everyone.
I pointed the HR dept to this forum and after having a 'meeting' they have agreed to issue the letter to me with the 'forseeable future' line in it.
Good....All the best ! BTW when are you applying your ILR?

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Want to send it out Monday, but they have changed the form nov 1st. So will fill out new one. Ironing out some last minute glitches/papers thanks to help from this forum...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:40 am

dimension7 wrote:Hi
I was getting ready to send off my documents when a friend alerted me that there is a new version of the Form SET(O) dated 10/2011 which appeared on website Nov 1st.

Now in this form the letter from employer seems to add a requirement of stating SOC code which was not there previously.
confirmation that you are still required for the employment in question, and - the nearest applicable SOC code which best describes your employment
My employer letter does not state SOC code but states my job title which is exact match with SOC document. Will this be an issue. It will be very hard to get another letter and I am running out of time to send my documents off. Had to wait a week to get the final bank statement for last months salary.

I want to send off my documents on Monday and get it over with...
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

deleted_user

No SOC code in letter as per new form is this a problem?

Post by deleted_user » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:44 am

Can someone please answer the question?

Moderators this was a completely different question with a different subject and not related to my initial query. It is now very hard to spot the correct thread as everything has been bunched up into the same topic with a irrelevant subject.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:02 am

Hi
I was getting ready to send off my documents when a friend alerted me that there is a new version of the Form SET(O) dated 10/2011 which appeared on website Nov 1st.

Now in this form the letter from employer seems to add a requirement of stating SOC code which was not there previously.

Quote:
confirmation that you are still required for the employment in question, and - the nearest applicable SOC code which best describes your employment

My employer letter does not state SOC code but states my job title which is exact match with SOC document. Will this be an issue. It will be very hard to get another letter and I am running out of time to send my documents off. Had to wait a week to get the final bank statement for last months salary.

I want to send off my documents today...