ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with CCJ

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MJNair

ILR with CCJ

Post by MJNair » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:37 am

Is a CCJ counted as an unspent conviction in the ILR rules?

As far as Credit History is concerned, if there is a County Court Judgement against you and if you pay the amount due within a month, this does not show up on your credit history.

Is a Civil Judgement a conviction?

Bobbylondon

Re: ILR with CCJ

Post by Bobbylondon » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:55 am

MJNair wrote:Is a CCJ counted as an unspent conviction in the ILR rules?

As far as Credit History is concerned, if there is a County Court Judgement against you and if you pay the amount due within a month, this does not show up on your credit history.

Is a Civil Judgement a conviction?
IMHO Criminal judgements anywhere shall affect ILR application. Further you can check with NACRO.

Hope it will be helpfull.

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 pm

Apologies... I should have been clearer.

I am currently in dispute with my builder. If we are not able to settle the matter between ourselves, then this will end up in a Civil County Court.

If, by any chance, I loose, then I will have a CCJ against me.
Does a civil CCJ affect my eligibility for ILR?

I called up Disclosure Scotland. They informed me that the Basic Disclosure is meant for Unspent Criminal convictions. The person I spoke to could not comment on civil judgement and said that Basic Disclosure is meant for criminal spent convictions.

Is Basic Disclosure what I have to check before my ILR?

Is getting a CCJ a conviction? If yes, then what is the period to 'spend' it?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:29 pm

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks Innocent Devil for the link.

I cannot find any reference to civil judgments. The duration listed in the link seems to be for criminal cases.

Bobbylondon

Post by Bobbylondon » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:45 pm

MJNair wrote:Thanks Innocent Devil for the link.

I cannot find any reference to civil judgments. The duration listed in the link seems to be for criminal cases.
As per NACRO, which is a body, recognised by UKBA, for Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, had indicated that non criminal judgements, do not affect ILR success.