ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension -with 2 employers what dates to mention?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sukhpreet Singh
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension -with 2 employers what dates to mention?

Post by Sukhpreet Singh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:07 pm

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 general extension but i had 2 employers this year. first employment ended on 28th april 2011 and second one started on 9th may 2011 .. so while mentioning the start date and end date of 2 different sources for income should i mention exact dates or should I mention the last and first day of each month to be considered?

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Extension -with 2 employers what dates to mention

Post by ScopeD » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Sukhpreet Singh wrote:I am planning to apply for Tier 1 general extension but i had 2 employers this year. first employment ended on 28th april 2011 and second one started on 9th may 2011 .. so while mentioning the start date and end date of 2 different sources for income should i mention exact dates or should I mention the last and first day of each month to be considered?
I think it is best to put the information as it is as that will just make your application straight forward. If the employment started on the 9th of May, I would put the 9th of May as the start date - and the reason is because that is the actual start date. If you put the 1st of May for instance, that, in my view, is not true.
Last edited by ScopeD on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sukhpreet Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Sukhpreet Singh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:49 pm

thanks for your reply.
though I have salary slips for both the months ... but the gap of 10-12 days won't make any issue right?

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Sukhpreet Singh wrote:thanks for your reply.
though I have salary slips for both the months ... but the gap of 10-12 days won't make any issue right?
You score points on the basis of actual earnings, i.e. what is reflected on your salary slips. The start/end dates do not add anything to the points you get, but presenting this information as it is will help with credibility issues on your part. Truly speaking, your employment started on the 9th of May. I see no harm in putting this date as it is on the application form, as long as your earnings give you the points you need to qualify.

Sukhpreet Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Sukhpreet Singh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:17 pm

thanks a lot for your reply :)
I have another query about the start dates and end dates about my qualification. the form also asks to enter start and end date of your course. My degree shows it ended in june 2005 and I know it started in july 2003. I have no idea about the exact dates about when it started and ended. Though I already claimed points for that degree in my initial application and now I dont remember what I entered at that time as I applied through some consultant.
Will that be ok if I just mention first day and last day for those months?