ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (WP + Tier 1)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shivkrshukla

ILR (WP + Tier 1)

Post by shivkrshukla » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi

I am due to apply for My ILR in Nov 2011. I have been on work permit for first 3 years and 8months and then Tier 1. I applied for my Tier 1 on 16th July 2010. I got the visa up to 10th Aug 2012. I am just wondering if will have to score 75 points (as application was made before 19th July 2010) or 80 points ( as my Tier 1 Visa was stamped and received in August 2010.

Thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Shiv

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Applicants will be required to claim either 75 or 80 points from either Table 2 or Table 3, depending on the date of application for their initial grant
of leave
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shivkrshukla

Salary Query

Post by shivkrshukla » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks sushdmehta

Salary Query- I am going to submit 12moths salary slips and 12 month bank statements. There is a slight problem. I was given a performance award in April this year which was paid to me by a cheque. I deposited it in the same back account and its accounted for in my salary slip. the problem is that the amount that was on the cheque was the actual award but the company also paid the tax and NI on that so the amount shown in the salary slip is about 30% more than what actually has gone in the bank. How do I account for that? Should I get a separate letter form my company?

Thanks

Shiv

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:27 pm

1. All bank credits reflect the "net" payments made.
2. Payslips always reflect both gross and net payments.

So are you suggesting that the "net" payment shown in the payslip does not reflect the tax & NI deduction on this "performance award"? And that the "tax and NI deductions" reflected in the payslip do not include the proportion of deduction that the "performance award payment" was liable for?

shivkrshukla

Post by shivkrshukla » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:36 pm

The net reward amount and the actual amount paid to me are both reflected in the salary slip clearly. Payment shown in the pay slip does reflect the tax & NI deduction on this award too.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Then where is the problem?? ... other than the fact that a proportion of the "net" payment reflected in the payslip has been credited into the bank through a cheque rather than a bank transfer.

Or am I missing something?

Get a letter from the employer to certify that the payments for the month in question were made in part through bank transfer and in part through a cheque. Get them to mention the cheque number in the letter, which your bank statement ought to reflect against the credit (corroborating evidence).

shivkrshukla

Post by shivkrshukla » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:11 pm

The entries on my bank statement for that month read as follows:

14 Apr CR CHQ IN AT HSBC BANK PLC Award Amount Total Balance
28 Apr CR Company name Salary Amount Total Balance

However the cheque number and who issued the cheque are not reflected.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Still, make sure that the cheque no. is mentioned in the letter.

shivkrshukla

Post by shivkrshukla » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:40 pm

thank you for the advise. i'll make sure that its mentioned ont he letter.
thanks

Shiv