ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR data for ILR absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farah

SAR data for ILR absences

Post by farah » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:19 pm

A friend has obtained all the all the information held by UKBA.
It included fallowing hard copies:
1.Intial application Form to Home Office for HSMP
2. Application Form for extension
3. Covering letter of UKBA while granting expention
4. Landing card of intial entry in UK

That is all. Whereas computer data printout indicate only one landing over a period of allmost 5 years wheras he had 21 landings. It means UKBA has no data of subsequent landings and that is the reason that case worker count absences from stampts on passport. It appears to be general pattern of record keeping and not an odd instance.

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Re: SAR data for ILR absences

Post by malepiscean » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:07 am

1) My experience was similar except that my SAR file oddly had landing cards for just 2 or 3 trips from a time in 2009 apart from the first UK entry landing card in 2007.
2) I have had a total of 62 trips in the past 5 years but got almost nothing out of the SAR file.
3) I was hoping to compile my travel history using that info to count absences, subsequently I had to rely on stamps in passport + e-booking tickets. For me this was quite tricky since a lot of stamps are overlapping and unreadable.
So it seems like the conclusion in the original post is correct but it would be great to know if someone has had a different (better) experience too?

farah

Post by farah » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 am

An extract from the post at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 48a0f5e7c3
where the member had lost previous passport reads as under:

"Second questions: Where are the old passports. I explained point 2 above. I was told that they do not accept copies and original is the only way they can check my absences in UK. Again explained that I have lost them and even new passports says at the back that they are lost and have old passport numbers on them. I had copies of everything so absence can be verified. I was like hitting a wall as how can bring lost originals. She went off to see caseworker and came back with the same answer. At the end, I was told apply by post as in postal application, they can perform more detailed checks. Sent out and no fees taken."

Above confirms that UKBA has no data of landings over the qualifying period wherefrom they could infer about absences. Similarly e-borders data is also not available to case worker

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:09 pm

I had a similar experience with my SAR file. There were my HSMP applications / extensions and caseworker notes, plus a few landing cards (maybe 2 or 3) and that's it. Given I had probably 20+ absences over the period covered there was very little detail. I keep a spreadsheet with all my absences to save trying to figure it out from online bookings and passport stamps.