ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dabby

Post by Dabby » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:59 am

Chimpee,

Oh no! What were the reasons?

Since we're undergoing an appeal at the moment and and try and help with any advice in that area.

Hope you're ok. I'm sure we can get it overturned in the UK. Stay positive!

Chimpee

Post by Chimpee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:02 pm

As my hubby was an over stayer they don't believe that our marriage was genuine and that we only got married so he can stay in uk :(

He's going to see his solicitor now to see what options we have.. We've been given the right to appeal..

Feel so sad and gutted right now

How is ur appeal going?? U doing it from the uk??

Chimpee
15-09-11 Application Submitted
13-10-11 Refused
17-10-11 Appeal Sent
28-10-11 Appeal Acknowledged
05-12-11 Appeal Date: 30-01-12
13-02-12 APPEAL ALLOWED!
21-02-12 Call Letter Recieved
22-02-12 Submitted Passport
22-02-12 Visa Issued!! :D

Dabby

Post by Dabby » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:08 pm

I think the appeal goes through London either way, whether you submit it in India or the UK (as far as I know).

Our solicitor is preparing the paperwork for the appeal so no news yet. Should be lodging it any time now.

How long had you been together? Get any proof you can that it's genuine. E-mails, call logs, receipts from restaurants, hotels, holidays. I've given them every shred of evidence we could find.

autumn489
Newly Registered

Post by autumn489 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:09 pm

I am as gutted as your are Chimpee. I am so dead nervous now that you have recieved a refusal as my fiancee also has a bad immigration history.

:( I am praying to God. PLease please let his interview go well.

What are your next steps ? Please be positive. It will be fine very soon.

I wish we can complain about this whole money making scam of theirs :(

XX

jeetu25
Newly Registered

Post by jeetu25 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Oh! Thats so sorry to know....

Chimpee

Post by Chimpee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks autumn..

Please tell ur hubby to give as much info as he can when he gets interviewed.. That will be the only chance to get through to them...

These people are heartless and when it comes to giving dodgy people visas they do it so quick without any problems and us genuine people have to suffer!! My marriage to my husband was a love marriage.. Not an arranged marriage and how they can turn around and say that our relationship is not genuine is crazy and not acceptable..
15-09-11 Application Submitted
13-10-11 Refused
17-10-11 Appeal Sent
28-10-11 Appeal Acknowledged
05-12-11 Appeal Date: 30-01-12
13-02-12 APPEAL ALLOWED!
21-02-12 Call Letter Recieved
22-02-12 Submitted Passport
22-02-12 Visa Issued!! :D

anup_chandni
Newly Registered

Post by anup_chandni » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:06 am

hi guys, im new to this forum.

just been reading your posts.

my wife applied for settlement visa 15/09/2011 @ vfs ahmedabad

i checked the status and it has changed to Processed Application delivered to Blue Dart on 14th oct 2011

it hasnt been a month yet and i am getting worried.

waiting for my wife to ring me, will keep you updated.

sorry to hear about the refusal chimpee. i think we might be on the same boat. our time frame is the same

TIMEFRAME
15/09/11: Visa Application Submitted at VFS Ahmedabad
15/09/11: Visa Application Has Been Forwarded To The British High Commission
14/10/11:Processed Application Delivered To Blue Dart

lijogk
Newly Registered

Post by lijogk » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:02 am

Hope the result is positive. Me too got visa approved within a month . go to http://www.bluedart.com/ and select reference number and enter your passport number to track your packet
anup_chandni wrote:hi guys, im new to this forum.

just been reading your posts.

my wife applied for settlement visa 15/09/2011 @ vfs ahmedabad

i checked the status and it has changed to Processed Application delivered to Blue Dart on 14th oct 2011

it hasnt been a month yet and i am getting worried.

waiting for my wife to ring me, will keep you updated.

sorry to hear about the refusal chimpee. i think we might be on the same boat. our time frame is the same

TIMEFRAME
15/09/11: Visa Application Submitted at VFS Ahmedabad
15/09/11: Visa Application Has Been Forwarded To The British High Commission
14/10/11:Processed Application Delivered To Blue Dart

anup_chandni
Newly Registered

Post by anup_chandni » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:45 am

thanks for the reply lijogk.

my wife just rang me and told me the visa got rejected.

will keep you updated

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:27 am

Sorry to hear that, but if you want anyone to comment you will of course need to post details of the reason(s) for rejection.
John

kj29

Post by kj29 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:14 am

Chimpee wrote:Thanks autumn..

Please tell ur hubby to give as much info as he can when he gets interviewed.. That will be the only chance to get through to them...

These people are heartless and when it comes to giving dodgy people visas they do it so quick without any problems and us genuine people have to suffer!! My marriage to my husband was a love marriage.. Not an arranged marriage and how they can turn around and say that our relationship is not genuine is crazy and not acceptable..
Hi Chimpee,

I do not beleive British High Commission gives visa to doddgy people. I beleive they have very hard job to do yes at times we dont get everything we want
you have to see their job is to protect borders and let people in whom are genuinly deserve to be in UK
With all due respect your husband did abuse immigration whilst he was in UK, reality is he overstayed in UK then, secondly in our culture it is common practise where wife always goes to husbands house and yes you are british and you have right to live in Britian. Being British doesnt give our partners right to be here automatically. I beleive if you would have sent a nice open hearted genuine email to explaining your situation you may had the different outome
Secondly when Entry Clearnce officer has to look at alot of probabilities

I am not against your husband getting visa I am just trying to help you make sense of things and trying to put other side of argument If your marrige is genuine and you manage to satisfy appeal court then Your husband will get his visa and I wish you all the best
kj29

kj29

Post by kj29 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:29 am

If your relationship is genuine and you can convince British High Commission about your relationship and trully you can support your husband or wife in UK without any access to public funds I beleive every applicant has a very good chance in succeding
Prepare your case with full list of documents if you dont have all documents ready its better to wait few weeks or months to get your self organised. It will give you confidence and hope rather than fear of rejection

anup_chandni
Newly Registered

Post by anup_chandni » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:32 am

my wife didnt meet the english requirements. she got IELTS band score of 3.5 overall, 4.0 in listening, 3.5 speaking, 3.5 reading, 3.5 writing.

they only look at speaking and listening. so they saying that she has not passed in speaking

ukba say that they dont score ielts from 3.5 or below.

they need to state on their website that any score from 3.5 is invalid. it is confusing for everyone. i emailed them months ago and got no reply.

please help, shall i appeal or re apply ??

kj29

Post by kj29 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:40 am

anup_chandni wrote:my wife didnt meet the english requirements. she got IELTS band score of 3.5 overall, 4.0 in listening, 3.5 speaking, 3.5 reading, 3.5 writing.

they only look at speaking and listening. so they saying that she has not passed in speaking

ukba say that they dont score ielts from 3.5 or below.

they need to state on their website that any score from 3.5 is invalid. it is confusing for everyone. i emailed them months ago and got no reply.

please help, shall i appeal or re apply ??
If I was in your shoes, I would ask my wife to pass new exams and submit a fresh application, and if you do that please ensure she tells them about her refusal appeal procedure is long and daunting address every issue they have refused on point by point good luck
Beleive nothing,no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense

Docnav
Newly Registered

spousal refusal

Post by Docnav » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:31 pm

KJ 29 I like your reasoning in support of BHC... how would you explain my case??

I lived in UK for 6 years as a doctor and got my ILR this year. Trainign to become a Surgeon and never been on public recourse funds and do not intend to. My wife is a Masters graduate from US and is working for an MNC.

The reasons they gave rejecting her application are that my accommodation is not satisfactory...Cos, I am by myself at the moment, stayed in On site Hospital accommodation and was due to move into a flat before she arrived. Showed supportive letter to it. They just didn't bother to clarify.

Second reason is inadequate bank balance...I spent a lot on our marriage and saved quite a bit in Indian bank. Never in the requirements was it mentioned that minimum balance is mandatory... else, would have showed those statements or had money transferred to UK account. Again, having seen my P 60 which goes over 70K they could have been considerate in knowing the reasons.

Bizarre it is that we have to wait for another 6 months to be together. HOW PAINFUL!!

Asali

Settlement Visa for A Minor(14Yr old)

Post by Asali » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Hello all!

We seem to be sailing in the same boat.

I am on ILR my husband is British by birth

I have just applied for my daughters Settlement Visa on 3/10/11 in Nairobi Kenya. I was told the waiting time was anything upto 7/11/10. As it stands am on the nerve wrecking waiting period.

One thing that is giving me restless nights is: My husband just stopped working three days ago as an IT Contractor. I had submitted all his contract/work paper work. He was earning on a daily rate/wage but being paid on two weeks basis.As it were he is still expecting a salary end Oct as he was on two weeks notice. So technically still on payroll till end of Oct. I dont know where I stand:-( I do work as well but he earns more.

Will keep you all updated!
Last edited by Asali on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kj29

Re: spousal refusal

Post by kj29 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Docnav wrote:KJ 29 I like your reasoning in support of BHC... how would you explain my case??

I lived in UK for 6 years as a doctor and got my ILR this year. Trainign to become a Surgeon and never been on public recourse funds and do not intend to. My wife is a Masters graduate from US and is working for an MNC.

The reasons they gave rejecting her application are that my accommodation is not satisfactory...Cos, I am by myself at the moment, stayed in On site Hospital accommodation and was due to move into a flat before she arrived. Showed supportive letter to it. They just didn't bother to clarify.

Second reason is inadequate bank balance...I spent a lot on our marriage and saved quite a bit in Indian bank. Never in the requirements was it mentioned that minimum balance is mandatory... else, would have showed those statements or had money transferred to UK account. Again, having seen my P 60 which goes over 70K they could have been considerate in knowing the reasons.

Bizarre it is that we have to wait for another 6 months to be together. HOW PAINFUL!!
Dear Docnov
My sympathy is with you, The problems are not ECO it lies with British Goverments Immigration policies there has been mass movement of people under labour goverment in the past where people manage to get in millions, If you would move in a suitable accomodation have atleast one year tennacy agreement, have a accomodation inspection done by local authority and can manage to keep approximately £3500 pounds in your bank for three months and I beleive your wife will get her settelment visa
I hope this helps.
Beleive nothing,no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense

kj29

Re: spousal refusal

Post by kj29 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:25 pm

kj29 wrote:
Docnav wrote:KJ 29 I like your reasoning in support of BHC... how would you explain my case??

Dear Docnov
My sympathy is with you, The problems are not ECO it lies with British Goverments Immigration policies there has been mass movement of people under labour goverment in the past where people manage to get in millions, If you would move in a suitable accomodation have atleast one year tennacy agreement, have a accomodation inspection done by local authority and can manage to keep approximately £3500 pounds in your bank for three months and I beleive your wife will get her settelment visa
I hope this helps.
I have given some more consideration to your veiw as you feel you are hard done by docnov, the way ECO seen it you may have earned 70k in last financial year but you may have spent 70001 pounds they will also think that why havent you still managed to get your own place
If you had money in your bank in India why didnt you spend that money on your wedding. I am not against anyone getting visa but we should look at what we are submitting is it alot of things on probabilities as in future you will get accomadation so please think hard before you appeal and take some legal advise as law states appeal will be based on documets ECO had when he or she made decision not on new evidence good luck wish you all the best

Docnav
Newly Registered

Spouse visa refusal

Post by Docnav » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks KJ,

As said before, I like your reasoning and I do not deny that fact that our application should be a bit more thorough. But, it is that they could have given it a bit of consideration conglomerating the whole picture. They could have bothered to call up the Accommodation officer whose details are provided in the letter which they didn't.

I got carried away as my application for ILR was accepted based on those same bank documents just a month before my wife's application. And, there wasn't any mention about maintaining minimum balances or proving subsistence. They did mention about the P 60's and bank statements which I provided.

I did approach immigration lawyers and am submitting for appeal through them. More than the appeal, I am counting on ECO review as that could save a hell lot of time.

Bye now,
Naveen

leic-viz

Post by leic-viz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi guys,

just thought id update you on our status

applied VFS amhedabad 22/08/11

processed application delivered to blue dart 12/10/11

total 7 weeks (excluding holidays)

visa granted - 3 year multiple visa

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between 2 year spouse visa and a 3 year multiple visa ? As we applied for a spouse visa using form VAF4A

Really sorry to hear your news chimpee !! you must appeal the decision !!

good look to every 1 in the process

lijogk
Newly Registered

Post by lijogk » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 am

what is the expiry date of your visa
leic-viz wrote:Hi guys,

just thought id update you on our status

applied VFS amhedabad 22/08/11

processed application delivered to blue dart 12/10/11

total 7 weeks (excluding holidays)

visa granted - 3 year multiple visa

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between 2 year spouse visa and a 3 year multiple visa ? As we applied for a spouse visa using form VAF4A

Really sorry to hear your news chimpee !! you must appeal the decision !!

good look to every 1 in the process

kj29

Re: Spouse visa refusal

Post by kj29 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:43 am

Docnav wrote:Thanks KJ,

As said before, I like your reasoning and I do not deny that fact that our application should be a bit more thorough. But, it is that they could have given it a bit of consideration conglomerating the whole picture. They could have bothered to call up the Accommodation officer whose details are provided in the letter which they didn't.

I got carried away as my application for ILR was accepted based on those same bank documents just a month before my wife's application. And, there wasn't any mention about maintaining minimum balances or proving subsistence. They did mention about the P 60's and bank statements which I provided.

I did approach immigration lawyers and am submitting for appeal through them. More than the appeal, I am counting on ECO review as that could save a hell lot of time.

Without going into too much details It is applicant responsibilty to convince ECO, I would suggest you right an email to BHC for attention of ECM (Entry Clearence Manager) and make him/her aware how you went wrong in your application stating your facts and how it is affecting you over here without your wife. Good Luck

Bye now,
Naveen

kj29

Re: Spouse visa refusal

Post by kj29 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:48 am

kj29 wrote:
Docnav wrote:Thanks KJ,

Without going into too much details It is applicant responsibilty to convince ECO, I would suggest you right an email to BHC for attention of ECM (Entry Clearence Manager) and make him/her aware how you went wrong in your application stating your facts and how it is affecting you over here without your wife. Good Luck

Bye now,
Naveen
Good Luck Naveen
I would advise to you is make your you send a email addresed to ECM (Entry Clearnce Manager) stating what you have wrote in your last paragraph just doing things in hurry and how it is affecting you personaly being apart, I am sure that will give you some more hope Good Luck

Docnav
Newly Registered

spousal visa refusal

Post by Docnav » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:03 am

hi kj,

thanks for the advice. I wrote a big letter elaborating the facts on the very first day but never sent it. I thought if it goes thru the legal route, chances for them to overturn might be higher and so have left it for the solicitor to edit it. She's sending one on Tuesday.

indeed, I need a lot of good luck.

Bye now,
Naveen

leic-viz

Post by leic-viz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi lijogk,

The expiry date is 10/10/14

can any one tell me if a spouse visa and a multiple visa are the same ???

we applied for 2 year spouse visa but got a 3 year multiple visa, has any one else had this ???