ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens to a saved online application?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

What happens to a saved online application?

Post by Angel592 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:22 pm

I've made an online visa application which I haven't submitted and decided not to submit anymore. What happens to it?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Visa or leave to remain?

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Visa or leave to remain?
Visa

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Angel592 wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:Visa or leave to remain?
Visa
??

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:27 am

It gets deleted after a month.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:51 pm

mulderpf wrote:It gets deleted after a month.
Oh okay thanks!

But u see, I made a visa application online (student) and I payed for it 305 euros but then unexpectant things came up so I didn't submit my application because I do not want to go university anymore. I did not submit my application. Is there any way I can get the money back?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:52 am

Angel592 wrote:
Oh okay thanks!

But u see, I made a visa application online (student) and I payed for it 305 euros but then unexpectant things came up so I didn't submit my application because I do not want to go university anymore. I did not submit my application. Is there any way I can get the money back?
This page suggests that you won't get your money back:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... visa-fees/#

- but I'm a little puzzled. You say you just submitted an online application and didn't pursue it, but you paid the fee. I don't know how it operates worldwide, but the online application system in Thailand is merely a prelude to booking an appointment, when you attend and submit a paper copy of the online application along with your documents, your biometrics are taken and you pay the fee. Once you've done that, you've made an application, which will be recorded on the Central Record System along with your fingerprints, the record may be held indefinitely and would certainly be available to Immigration Officers and some authorised caseworkers in the UK. I don't understand how you can have just done the online bit but also paid the fee. Where were you applying?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:13 am

You can pay at the same time as an online application (that is what I did back in December), even a quote from the email:
You must now take your printed application, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless paid on-line with this application) to the address shown below on the agreed date and time of your appointment.
The process I followed was: you fill in your application, make a payment, submit and then make an appointment.

With regards to refunds:
Refunds
The visa application fee reflects the administrative costs of processing an application. Your visa application fee will not be refunded unless:

you withdraw your application in writing before any processing takes place; or
your biometric information has not been taken.
We will not give refunds if we refuse your application, or if we grant a long-term visit visa for less than the period applied for.
So I suggest you write to them and ask them to give you back your money or at least tell you how to to get it back.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
Oh okay thanks!

This page suggests that you won't get your money back:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... visa-fees/#

- but I'm a little puzzled. You say you just submitted an online application and didn't pursue it, but you paid the fee. I don't know how it operates worldwide, but the online application system in Thailand is merely a prelude to booking an appointment, when you attend and submit a paper copy of the online application along with your documents, your biometrics are taken and you pay the fee. Once you've done that, you've made an application, which will be recorded on the Central Record System along with your fingerprints, the record may be held indefinitely and would certainly be available to Immigration Officers and some authorised caseworkers in the UK. I don't understand how you can have just done the online bit but also paid the fee. Where were you applying?
I am applying from Dublin, Ireland. I made my application online and we have to make the payment online using a Visa Card. Then we print off the application, and go to our appointment and just submit the application form along with our biometric fingerprints etc.
Thing is, I only made the application online, paid online, got my appointment to submit it, but I never went to my appointment in the end because something came up and I decided not to submit my application to them anymore or go university. Unforunately though, I already paid online. So now I'm wondering, what happens to that application online, would they know I made it, even though I didn't submit it to them, and what happens to my payment, can I get a refund??? I hope you understand.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:17 am

I think you were supposed to cancel the appointment first?

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:19 pm

mulderpf wrote:I think you were supposed to cancel the appointment first?
Yeah, I logged into my account online and cancelled it. Can i still get a refund now??

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Yes. If you withdrew your application as per what I posted before, you should claim your money back. Just contact them: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:37 pm

mulderpf wrote:Yes. If you withdrew your application as per what I posted before, you should claim your money back. Just contact them: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
Ah thank you! And I'm going to apply for a General Visa now. Would the officials know that I filled in a student application before and withdrew it?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:32 pm

For entry clearance applications, date of the application is the date on which the payment is made. In other words, you did submit your application - even though you decided later not to attend an appointment to submit the supporting documentary evidences (required for assessment of your application) and enrol your biometrics. In other words, UKBA has an "incomplete" application on record against your name.

AIUI, you are not entitled to a refund, because to leave an application incomplete is/was your voluntary decision (choice).

Likewise, since the application was submitted, UKBA will have it on record - for any one with necessary authority to access if required.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!