ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

I-L-R-2011

Re: Finally waiting is over.

Post by I-L-R-2011 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:05 am

Congratulations HSMPGUY..!!

Did you received any letter along with your documents from UKBA? is that back dated letter or same as the stamp date on your passport?

Cheers
Anand
HSMPGUY wrote:
daniel1978 wrote:
HSMPGUY wrote:Finally by the grace of Almighty God my long waiting is over. Today I have received my documents with ILR stamped

Even though my acknowledgement letter issued from Croydon but my password was stamped from Liverpool.

Here is my timeline.

Application sent: 19 Jun 2011
Application Received: 20 Jun 2011
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 24 Jun 2011
Document Received 13 Oct. 2011

Almost 15 weeks.

Thanks to everyone for helping and sharing information and good luck to all stilling waiting.
Congratulations hsmpguy!
finally we see the light,to those who haven't got it, it is all happy ending at last.
Thanks a lot daniel1978 . Yah thats very true All is well which ends well.

poppy913

Post by poppy913 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Congrates! So happy for you and definitely an encouragement to see another Set 0 getting a response. Looks like the 19th June week applicants are getting their passports back this week.

Btw, did you ever write to your MP as you were advocating it a fair bit. Just wondering if it helps.
HSMPGUY wrote:Finally by the grace of Almighty God my long waiting is over. Today I have received my documents with ILR stamped

Even though my acknowledgement letter issued from Croydon but my password was stamped from Liverpool.

Here is my timeline.

Almost 15 weeks.

Thanks to everyone for helping and sharing information and good luck to all stilling waiting.

ilrwaitinggame_2011
Newly Registered

Finally! Finally!!

Post by ilrwaitinggame_2011 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:01 pm

ilrwaitinggame_2011 wrote:I'm a new member today just got tired of the waiting and started looking for info on the web, came accross this board. How i wish i knew b4 applying, would have probably gone for same day.

Application posted 6 Jul
Ackn 8 Jul
payment 11 Jul

...now waiting 7 weeks

Hello Guys

My ILR waiting is finally over!! I came back home last night and got the envelope from my neighbour, it was my passport with ILR stamped on 6th Oct. Document was posted from Liverpool so was probably processed there.

I don't really know how to express my joy and relieve, It was like a huge burden since the last 3months+. So I wish to make a toast to those still waiting and I will continue to use this platform to share my experience with those in need in the future. For those still waiting, I believe you will all soon get it. The homeoffice cum conservative govt have drastically cut budget and staff, the only thing I could possibly think regarding the delay. However I think they could make live a bit more easier though by providing opportunity to check for updates online like other countries do, even if at an additional cost. Genuine immigration application has suddenly turned a big battle!! What a shame!!!

So to everyone on this platform, I say thank you so much for all your tips and help, and very good luck to those still waiting.

vela
Newly Registered

Re: Finally! Finally!!

Post by vela » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:26 pm

ilrwaitinggame_2011 wrote:
ilrwaitinggame_2011 wrote:I'm a new member today just got tired of the waiting and started looking for info on the web, came accross this board. How i wish i knew b4 applying, would have probably gone for same day.

Application posted 6 Jul
Ackn 8 Jul
payment 11 Jul

...now waiting 7 weeks

Hello Guys

My ILR waiting is finally over!! I came back home last night and got the envelope from my neighbour, it was my passport with ILR stamped on 6th Oct. Document was posted from Liverpool so was probably processed there.

I don't really know how to express my joy and relieve, It was like a huge burden since the last 3months+. So I wish to make a toast to those still waiting and I will continue to use this platform to share my experience with those in need in the future. For those still waiting, I believe you will all soon get it. The homeoffice cum conservative govt have drastically cut budget and staff, the only thing I could possibly think regarding the delay. However I think they could make live a bit more easier though by providing opportunity to check for updates online like other countries do, even if at an additional cost. Genuine immigration application has suddenly turned a big battle!! What a shame!!!

So to everyone on this platform, I say thank you so much for all your tips and help, and very good luck to those still waiting.

Congrats! Can please tell us in which category (SET O or SET M) you applied?

poppy913

Post by poppy913 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Congrates there! Good to see more good news. Am also curious if yours is set o or m. Cheers.
ilrwaitinggame_2011 wrote:Hello Guys

ilrwaitinggame_2011
Newly Registered

Post by ilrwaitinggame_2011 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:59 am

Thanks very much Vela and Poppy913. I actually applied through SetO 4yrs WP and 1yr Tier1.

namoamitabha
Newly Registered

Post by namoamitabha » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:05 pm

ilrwaitinggame_2011 wrote:Thanks very much Vela and Poppy913. I actually applied through SetO 4yrs WP and 1yr Tier1.
Congratulation! THat is quite lucky.
Mine SetO Applied on June 17th, still waiting....

pratik.shah9
Newly Registered

Application sent on 18th July 2011 and still waiting

Post by pratik.shah9 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:08 am

Hello all!!

Application posted 18 Jul 2011
Ackn 21 Jul 2011
payment 20 Jul 2011

... 13 weeks and still waiting :(

I am not sure what is taking so long! I know some people who received their ILR just 8 weeks after application (recently a few months back). Does anyone know the reasons for delay for so many people as seen in this forum?

Cheers

All the best to all!!

harry_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by harry_ILR » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm

I did apply on 17th July by post (Croydon) , and after 14 weeks waiting, still nothing, I did call today and now they say that we need to wait a total of 6 months before any enquiry

:cry: :twisted: :evil:

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 pm

I-L-R-2011 wrote:Congratulations HSMPGUY..!!

Did you received any letter along with your documents from UKBA? is that back dated letter or same as the stamp date on your passport?

Cheers
Anand
HSMPGUY wrote:
daniel1978 wrote:

Here is my timeline.

Almost 15 weeks.

Congratulations hsmpguy!
finally we see the light,to those who haven't got it, it is all happy ending at last.
Thanks a lot daniel1978 . Yah thats very true All is well which ends well.
Thanks ILR2011.
Yes I have received a letter as well. it is same dated and stamped on passport.

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:02 pm

poppy913 wrote:Congrates! So happy for you and definitely an encouragement to see another Set 0 getting a response. Looks like the 19th June week applicants are getting their passports back this week.

Btw, did you ever write to your MP as you were advocating it a fair bit. Just wondering if it helps.

Here is my timeline.

Almost 15 weeks.

Writing to your MP not going to help you on the decission of the application. But it only helps to know why they are taking so long. and at what stage your application is stucked.
My close friend got stucked and asked for help from his local MP. and it worked for him. it is one of the option one can try. But each case has its own circumstances.

ratish123
Newly Registered

Dont Know How Long now...

Post by ratish123 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:30 pm

I applied ILR (Set(O) on 2nd week of September. Its pending in Croydon office. If its taking roughly 15 weeks for each application , then I am worried whether, I will get my passport before Christmas...

ILR Applied : 12 Sep
Letter Received Dated : 15 Sep

Waiting.. Waiting..Waiting...

ahe
Newly Registered

Post by ahe » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:23 am

ilrwaitinggame_2011 wrote:

Application posted 6 Jul
Ackn 8 Jul
payment 11 Jul

...now waiting 7 weeks

Hello Guys

Congratulations!! :D

I'm so HAPPY for you as well.

seto30june
Newly Registered

Post by seto30june » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:49 pm

16 weeks now,
No further news..
Only if I've read this forum before applying - would d never sent by post.
Its painfully frustrating

seto30june
Newly Registered

Post by seto30june » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:15 pm

learningzone wrote:I am completing 23 weeks and into 24th week since I applied for ILR Set(O). Its been damn frustrating as every time I call they come back with the same answer that its still being processed. I have now posted a letter to HOME OFFICE raising a concern regarding the delay as I noticed that some of them who applied later have already received their ILR. HOPE is the only word that I have in mind..........

Dude any luck with your application?

poppy913

Post by poppy913 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:40 pm

I read this forum before applying 3 months ago. Back than the average seems to be 10 weeks which is the reason why I applied by post...*sigh*....We'll just have to cheer each other on in the mean time. I'm waiting for mine to get a mortgage.
seto30june wrote:16 weeks now,
No further news..
Only if I've read this forum before applying - would d never sent by post.
Its painfully frustrating

learningzone
Newly Registered

Post by learningzone » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:13 am

Finally going to complete 6 months end of this week and still no signs of the passport. Guys think twice before you send a postal application as we are kept in the dark until you receive your passports from the Home Office. Absolutely no response. I am planning to take up the case with the local MP. Already sent a letter to Home Office raising a concern for the delay but received no response on the same. Calling is also of no use...Just waiting and waiting..

fellyblue1
Newly Registered

Post by fellyblue1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:15 am

I am in the waiting game like you guys
Timeline:
Application posted: July 26 2011
Application received: July 27
Acknowledgement letter dated: 27 July
Payment taken: 27 July
Almost 13 weeks and still waiting...... :(
Application type: Set O (wp+ tier 2)
Processing office on letter: CROYDON

Waiting anxiously.......[/quote]

seto30june
Newly Registered

Post by seto30june » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:09 am

learningzone wrote:Finally going to complete 6 months end of this week and still no signs of the passport. Guys think twice before you send a postal application as we are kept in the dark until you receive your passports from the Home Office. Absolutely no response. I am planning to take up the case with the local MP. Already sent a letter to Home Office raising a concern for the delay but received no response on the same. Calling is also of no use...Just waiting and waiting..
That is so unfortunate. Which category did you apply and how about the expiry date of your current visa, also have you thought about may be withdrawing your application and applying in person. I hope you get passport soon or atleat explanation of delay that you can rectify.

Sincerely

super101
Newly Registered

ILR Waiting since 25July2011 under HSMP Judicial Review

Post by super101 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 am

Hi All,

First of all Thanks to every one for keeping this forum live by posting query / replying on someone's query and giving support to each other by sharing information. I am new forum user, one of my friend suggest me about this forum. I had also applied for ILR under HSMP judicial review, details as below
ILR Applied ON: 25th July 2011 by post Under HSMP Judicial Review case by using SET O form
ILR Acknowledge Letter : Dated 27th July2011 from Croydon Office also payment debited on 27th July 2011.

This is my 13th week of waiting...
All the best to all who are in this waiting game.

hindian
Newly Registered

Only 8 Weeks - Postal application successful

Post by hindian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Youpeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Received my application today by post with Visa after 8 Weeks only

My Timeline

Application sent: 16 August 2011
Application Received: 19 August 2011
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 24 August 2011
Document Received 24 Oct. 2011

I am starting new job and they wanted to see passport else I couldnt start...was worried if application took long 3-4 months than I would have lost the job...ALL IS WELL now.

Thank You all & good luck to all who are waiting for application.

I-L-R-2011

Re: Only 8 Weeks - Postal application successful

Post by I-L-R-2011 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Congratulations..Hindian..!!!
hindian wrote:Youpeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Received my application today by post with Visa after 8 Weeks only

My Timeline

Application sent: 16 August 2011
Application Received: 19 August 2011
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 24 August 2011
Document Received 24 Oct. 2011

I am starting new job and they wanted to see passport else I couldnt start...was worried if application took long 3-4 months than I would have lost the job...ALL IS WELL now.

Thank You all & good luck to all who are waiting for application.

I-L-R-2011

Re: ILR (pre - Nov JR) application

Post by I-L-R-2011 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi Dalmeida,

Any update on your waiting status??

dalmeida wrote:Hello all,

This forum has been extremely helpful during all 3 of my visa applications.

I've applied under the pre-Nov HSM Jr ruling and it's a fairly straightforward application.

The documents I've supplied are -
Cover letter
6 months payslips
6 months bank statements
Employment letter from current employer
4 most recent P60s and letter from the HMRC showing income earned and tax paid over 5 years (I'd lost my first P60)
Previous 2 visa approval letters (initial and extension)
Council tax and bank letters dated over 2 years as proof of cohabitation
Birth certificates of the 2 kids
Passports

My ILR application timeline so far is as follows -

16th August - Application Posted by special delivery
17th August - Application received by BIA
19th August - Payment deducted from credit card

Fingers crossed...

namoamitabha
Newly Registered

Got mine too

Post by namoamitabha » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Finally, got mine too!

I picked up my passport today from the post office.

Stamped on 14 Sept at Liverpool,
Failed to deliver to my address on 22nd Sept
Redeliver using 1st class post and Royal Mail sign for card left 21st Oct.

*** I wrote my office address in the prepaid next day delivery envelope, but they still use my home address which I knew got some access issue.

Application received on 20th June.
Set (O), Workpermits all the way.
5 x P60s
6 months Payslips
6 months Bank Statements
**Online application

This forum has been very helpful! Many thanks for all of you and all the best for those that still waiting!

I-L-R-2011

Re: Got mine too

Post by I-L-R-2011 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Congratulations...!!

So technically u got ur ILR one month back it self...but due to postal issue it got delayed one month...

So this gives us a little hope that.....applications atleast moving at homeoffice..!

namoamitabha wrote:Finally, got mine too!

I picked up my passport today from the post office.

Stamped on 14 Sept at Liverpool,
Failed to deliver to my address on 22nd Sept
Redeliver using 1st class post and Royal Mail sign for card left 21st Oct.

*** I wrote my office address in the prepaid next day delivery envelope, but they still use my home address which I knew got some access issue.

Application received on 20th June.
Set (O), Workpermits all the way.
5 x P60s
6 months Payslips
6 months Bank Statements
**Online application

This forum has been very helpful! Many thanks for all of you and all the best for those that still waiting!