ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EXTENSION HELP

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chashmebaddur

EXTENSION HELP

Post by chashmebaddur » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Dear All,

I am a british citizen.

My brother who came from india on student visa is due for his visa renewal in Feb 2012.

He has already completed his study now in October 11 but visa is valid till feb 2012.

He is accompanied by his wife who is working full time and my brother is working 20 hrs per week per ukba rules.

I need some guidance on following :

[1] Options available for my brother to extend his visa ?
student or work permit?
His existing employer is ready to provide him help for getting work permit, but we are not sure how long does it going to take to extend his work permit sorted and what will happen if his student visa is running out during this time?

[2] Any guidance on whether i can sponsor him for his indefinite leave or other visa category,

[3] Can i sponsor both of them (brother and his wife) or my brother only ?

[4] Any other option by which they can extend their visa and stay here?

Please guide and thanks in advance,

Chashmebaddur

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:19 pm

1. As long as he submits a leave to remain application as a Tier 2 migrant before his current Tier 4 leave expires, he will be fine.
2. No, because you cannot sponsor him.
3. Neither.
4. They may apply for any immigration category they may qualify for (and are allowed to switch to).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

chashmebaddur

Post by chashmebaddur » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Many thanks Sushdmehta...

Is it possible for you to provide some guidance on following please :

we are not sure how long does it going to take to extend his work permit sorted and what will happen if his student visa is running out during this time?

Thanks

Chashmish

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:14 pm

chashmebaddur wrote:Many thanks Sushdmehta...

Is it possible for you to provide some guidance on following please :

we are not sure how long does it going to take to extend his work permit sorted and what will happen if his student visa is running out during this time?

Thanks

Chashmish
He has to make the TIER2 application before his student visa runs out. If not he becomes a over stayer. Your brother must get a job offer from a company which is registered with UKBA. The company must offer him a job which is at graduate level and accordance with SOC code at minimum 20K Salary. (Check TIER2 Section for more info)

My question is why can't he apply for a Post Study work ? If he has got a UK Degree then he can apply for one ? At least before April 2012
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

chashmebaddur

Post by chashmebaddur » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Dear All,

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

I need some help on following :

[1] What is the minimum balance requirement for student visa extension?

[2] My brother is planning to apply in 2nd Week of Jan 12 i.e 28 days before his current visa expires - can someone please guide on how much maintenance fund bank balance is required while applying for his extension?

[3] he is here with his dependent wife - please advise / guide as to how much bank balance he has to keep as for min 28 days while applying for his extension - please state maintenance fund for him and his dependent wife separately.

Thanks
Chashmish....

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:36 pm

Please take the time to read the tier 4 policy guidance and the PBS dependent guidance, both available on the UKBA website, which answer your questions.

chashmebaddur

Post by chashmebaddur » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Thank you but I was not sure and need to check with expert / experience Guru's on this website... please if someone can put it here on the post i checked it on ukba but still not clear as to what is the requirement for

[1] individual applicant who is in uk for 1.5 years what will be the minimum balance required
[2] balance required for his dependent wife

please provide some valuable easy to read information...

thanks and sorry if this post is duplication... need some clear advise/guidance

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:57 pm

chashmebaddur wrote:Thank you but I was not sure and need to check with expert / experience Guru's on this website... please if someone can put it here on the post i checked it on ukba but still not clear as to what is the requirement for

[1] individual applicant who is in uk for 1.5 years what will be the minimum balance required
[2] balance required for his dependent wife

please provide some valuable easy to read information...

thanks and sorry if this post is duplication... need some clear advise/guidance
Your brother and his wife need to fully understand the requirements including the documents they need to provide, this information is available in detail on the UKBA website - rather than someone here spending the time asking further questions (which they will need to do in order to give you accurate information), try reading the guidance and you will find the answers you need as well as other vital information.

tier 4 policy guidance

can you bring your family

PBS dependent policy guidance