ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment at PEO - Online Booking Form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijeetv
Newly Registered

Appointment at PEO - Online Booking Form

Post by abhijeetv » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi,

I am applying for an extension to my Tier 1 (General) Visa, which expires in Dec 2011. Unfortunately, when I use the online booking tool on the UKBA website, none of the PEO come with an available date between 01/11/2011 and 31/12/2011.

In the online booking tool I select Tier 1 (General) as my booking category. Do I need to choose any other category for extension?

Or I should call the concerned PEO directly to book an appointment?

Also, I started working in the UK in July 2007 on a Work Permit. Got the Tier 1 Visa in Dec 2008. Does this mean that even after getting the extension to my Tier 1 visa, I could apply for an ILR in July 2012?

Thanks,

Abhi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Appointment at PEO - Online Booking Form

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:24 pm

abhijeetv wrote:I am applying for an extension to my Tier 1 (General) Visa, which expires in Dec 2011. Unfortunately, when I use the online booking tool on the UKBA website, none of the PEO come with an available date between 01/11/2011 and 31/12/2011.
You cannot see any slots beyond six weeks .. as they are yet to be released. So, if you are searching today, you will not see any slot beyond 01-Dec. And if you do not see a slot between today and 01-Dec, it means none are available at the time you are searching.
abhijeetv wrote:Or I should call the concerned PEO directly to book an appointment?
Your choice - to try online or book through phone.
abhijeetv wrote:Also, I started working in the UK in July 2007 on a Work Permit. Got the Tier 1 Visa in Dec 2008. Does this mean that even after getting the extension to my Tier 1 visa, I could apply for an ILR in July 2012?
Under current rules, yes (245CD(c)).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

abhijeetv
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetv » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks for the reply!

I have read elsewhere in the forum that solicitors might be able to get a slot for the Premium Service at the PEO as they have additional slots available to them. Is this correct? Does anyone have any experience in this regard?

I need to apply for an extension before Mid of November as a business trip has come up but, unfortunately, I am not able to get any appointments.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Abhi