ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa Immigration stamp date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

middletier 1

Tier 1 Visa Immigration stamp date

Post by middletier 1 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi,

I have got my tier 1 visa in Nov 2009 and came to UK on Jan 2010 and went back in Mar. 2010 since i didnt find any job. Now i have got job and came back to UK on 14 Aug. 2011.

As i need to submit my visa copy for my dependents visa, thus i need to submit my visa page, which has got immigration stamp on Jan 2011, and as i came back in Aug. 2011, so do ineed to submit that immigration stamp page as well, please advise me.

I am showing main. funds for myself as £ 1600 since i am not in the UK for more than 12 months, thus when i submit my visa page and other page which has got 14 aug. 2011 immigration stamp date, do i need to explain clearly about all this or not required, bit confused, please advise me.

Many thanks

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi members,

Please advise me or let me know if i am not explanied clearly

thanks a lot

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:43 pm

45 minutes since the first post and impatient already! And that too on a weekend!

Where did you see / become aware of the requirement to "send copy of passport page showing immigration stamp reflecting the most recent entry in the UK"?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi Sushdmehta,

Many thanks your reply and i have sent the second post to know whether i have explained clearly.

As i am going to apply for my dependents visa, thus i need to submit my Tier 1 visa copy, actually in my tier 1 visa page i have got my immigration stamp on Jan 2010 when i have visited first time after got the tier 1 visa.

After that i have visited in Aug. 2011, so when i am submitting my visa copy page which has got immigration stamp on Jan 2010, i would like to know whether the case worker might be under impression that i am in UK since jan 2010 and may be they expect any bank staments or pay slips which are not mandatory.

In VAF10 under section section 7.18 i am writing my job start date as 15th aug. 2011, thus my doubt is do i need to submit that immigration stamp page and need to explain in the cover letter regarding this.

My worry is i am not submitting any bank statements or payslips from the UK and maintainence funds i am showing from the indian bank only to avoid confusion.

Bit of confused,thus please clarify my doubts.

Regards

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:50 am

middletier 1 wrote:As i am going to apply for my dependents visa, thus i need to submit my Tier 1 visa copy, actually in my tier 1 visa page i have got my immigration stamp on Jan 2010 when i have visited first time after got the tier 1 visa.

After that i have visited in Aug. 2011, so when i am submitting my visa copy page which has got immigration stamp on Jan 2010, i would like to know whether the case worker might be under impression that i am in UK since jan 2010 and may be they expect any bank staments or pay slips which are not mandatory.

In VAF10 under section section 7.18 i am writing my job start date as 15th aug. 2011, thus my doubt is do i need to submit that immigration stamp page and need to explain in the cover letter regarding this.

My worry is i am not submitting any bank statements or payslips from the UK and maintainence funds i am showing from the indian bank only to avoid confusion.

Bit of confused,thus please clarify my doubts.

Regards
Me thinks you are complicating a simple situation. The main requirements are:

1. Copy of your visa page (nowhere in the requirements does it mention copy of immigration stamp page. whether one page with many stamps is on the same page as visa page or not is of no consequence)

2. Marriage certificate - I suppose you have no issues with this one

3. Bank statements - and last time I checked (or rather, last time I did for my spouse - which happens to be last month) you could use any bank statement from anywhere in the world where your money is held (my statements were from the UK) - below is an extract from policy guidance notes:

Letters that simply state the balance in the account on a particular day or an average balance over the three month period are not sufficient.
Letter from a financial institution regulated by either the Financial Services Authority or, in the case of overseas accounts, the home regulator (official regulatory body for the country in which the institution operates and the funds are located) confirming funds.

As for the employment start date, I started my current job sometime in March this year, and I simply indicated this as the start date. That does not in any way reflect that I was not employed before that date. Neither does that mean I have to marry that to an immigration stamp (if it were as such, I would have had significant problems as I had several stamps from various countries which do not match with this date on the same visa page - and other stamps were on different pages which were never submitted). You can still give them payslips and contract letters if you wish (i included copies of this with my wife's application if that helps you)

The point I am trying to make really is that it is up to you to simplify the application and make it easy for the ECO to make a decision on the basis of necessary information only. I feel that mentioning all this stuff about the immigration stamps vs employment start dates etc is just going to confuse an otherwise straight forward application.