ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake in 'valid until date' for Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Mistake in 'valid until date' for Tier 2 visa

Post by Tier 2 visa » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi

I recently applied for a Tier 2 (General) visa and got a letter (along with my passport and documents) saying my visa has been approved. I then received by Biometric Residence Permit, but the valid until date says 31/10/2011. This is the date my current visa - Tier 1 (PSW) - expires and I was expecting the date to be 31/10/2014.

Is this a mistake by the border agency? I have notified them of this and they said they will be in touch shortly.

I would be really grateful if someone could let me know if such mistakes in the Biometric Residence Permit have happened before and been rectified.

Thanks

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:01 am

Looks like they made a mistake and it should be corrected.

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:55 pm

It wasn't a mistake by the border agency. My employers made a mistake in the expiry date of my Certificate of Sponsorship so the validity of the visa is correct. We have now requested another sponsorship certificate (last thursday, 29 September) and I need to use that to make another application. Would you know how long it will take to get the CoS?

What are my chances of getting the visa extension successfully?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Tier 2 visa wrote:I am currently on a Tier 2 (general) visa and it is expiring on 31st October 2011. My company has applied for a CoS last week but we haven't heard anything yet. In case I am not able to get my CoS in time, and have to go back home by the end of the month, what are my options for getting a Tier 2 (general) visa from India? Can I make an application for extension of the visa from India? Or will my company have to do the resident labour market test for my job in order to sponsor me? I'm trying to gauge what my options. are.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Tier 2 visa wrote: Would you know how long it will take to get the CoS?
Are you not aware of the time it took for your employer to organise a CoS for you last time?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:07 pm

Tier 2 visa wrote:what are my options for getting a Tier 2 (general) visa from India?
For you to apply for entry clearance as a Tier 2 migrant, your employer needs to issue you a RCoS (restricted CoS).
Tier 2 visa wrote:Can I make an application for extension of the visa from India?
Extension (leave to remain) cannot be applied for from outside the UK. From outside UK one applies for entry clearance (leave to enter).

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Thanks for all your clarifications. The last time, it took less than a week to get the CoS. One week will be completed tomorrow and we still haven't heard, so I was starting to panic. In your experience, do you know how long it usually takes?

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:01 pm

So I got my sponsorship number yesterday and am in a position to apply for an extension to my Tier 2 (General) visa. For an extensions, it seems that the only documents I need to send are my passport and Biometric Residence Permit (along with the form of course). Is this really true or am I missing something?

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:01 am

Hi Tier 2 visa,

My visa got rejected. May I ask how did your company request for an additional CoS ? Is it done through the portal ?

Could you please specify the steps. I will speak to my employer about the procedure to follow.

Eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance.

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi

Do you know the reason for why it got rejected? My company requested a CoS through the Sponsorship Management System. It is quite a simple process and it took one week to come through.

Hope this helps. If you give me more detail regarding the reason for the rejection maybe I can help more.

Thanks

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi thanks for your response.

It got rejected because the application was made 3 months before the start date of the employment on the CoS.

My employer has just requested for an additional Cos. Waiting for it to come through, if at all it comes.

In addition to sending a request from online portal, did your employer also send an email to UKBA ? or is the request sent through the Online portal is enough ?

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Just through the online portal is enough.

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 pm

thanks my friend.

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi

I have posted my visa application for an extension under the Tier 2 (General) category. I was wondering, in case there is a problem (due to an unforeseen error) and I have to go back home, will my employers have to complete the resident labour market test in order to issue me a restricted CoS for enrty clearance under the Tier 2 (general) category?

I am very worried. Please let me know.

Thanks

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:24 am

Okay... A simpler query which maybe someone can answer. I have applied for my visa application and have made the payment by cheque. I sent the application last week and the money still hasn't come out of my account. Can someone advise as to how long it takes for them to claim the cheque payment.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Tier 2 visa wrote:I have applied for an extension under the Tier 2 (general) category. My biometric details were taken for my last visa and as part of my application, I have sent my Biometric Residence Permit to the border agency. My question is, will they ask me to register my biometric details again this time round?

Please let me know. I need to travel soon and am really anxious about when I should expect my passport back.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Yes.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Tier 2 visa wrote:Okay... A simpler query which maybe someone can answer. I have applied for my visa application and have made the payment by cheque. I sent the application last week and the money still hasn't come out of my account. Can someone advise as to how long it takes for them to claim the cheque payment.
it takes 5 WORKING days to process cheque alone

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi Sushdmehta

Thanks for your response. I have got very mixed responses about giving the biometrics again. One member from UKBA said its up to the discretion of the case worker. Another said I do have to give them again. On speaking to two members from workpermit.com I was told I don't need to give them and I personally remember that the UKBA keeps the details for some 20 years and there was even a big controversy about it.

Could you tell me the source from which you know that I will need to give the details again? I am quite concerned as it has been more than three weeks since I sent my application but I haven't received the letter with the instructions regarding the biometrics. The last time I applied, I had received the letter in three working days. Also my visa expired yesterday so I am in pretty rocky territory.

Thanks for your time.