ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New to understand child benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gentlejuke

New to understand child benefit

Post by gentlejuke » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Can you please guide me as I am new to understand Child benefit.

My younger Baby is 2months 2 weeks now. We (Parents + elder baby[india born]) got ILR just 10 days before. Now, planning to register BC for new born through MN1 under section 1(3).

Can you please confirm or let me know if I am wrong from below -

1. Child benefit is only for new born baby?
2. We have to apply for within 3month of baby born? If so I am left with 2weeks only
3. My younder kid(3yrs) on ILR now, not eligible?
4. I work in IT company and wife dont work and look after our kids. Hope route is fine?
5. Do I need to send Baby birth registration document along with form?
6. Hope child benefit will not effect my kid MN1 that I am planning to submit in a week time?
7. Hope child benefit will not effect our(Parents+elder kid) BC to be done in next year.

Sorry, I thought go through all information available in HMRevenue site, but it is huge and I am left of days to submit application.

Please let me know if you are not clear with any from above?

adamboston

Re: New to understand child benefit

Post by adamboston » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:37 pm

gentlejuke wrote:1. Child benefit is only for new born baby?

No any child up to 16 - Child Benefit payments usually stop when your child reaches 16, unless they are in education or training that counts for Child Benefit.
gentlejuke wrote:2. We have to apply for within 3month of baby born? If so I am left with 2weeks only
No such time limit (unless you are referring to 3 months backdating which doesn't apply in your case as you were granted ILR 10 days ago). Apply for both kids together. You will get £20.30 a week for your eldest child and £13.40 a week for the youngest one.

gentlejuke wrote:3. My younder kid(3yrs) on ILR now, not eligible?
Yes s/he is eligible too.

gentlejuke wrote:4. I work in IT company and wife dont work and look after our kids. Hope route is fine?
I don't see a problem.
gentlejuke wrote:5. Do I need to send Baby birth registration document along with form?
Yes - Birth certificates of both kids.
gentlejuke wrote:6. Hope child benefit will not effect my kid MN1 that I am planning to submit in a week time?
No
gentlejuke wrote:7. Hope child benefit will not effect our(Parents+elder kid) BC to be done in next year.
No
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks you very much Adam.

May I know Original birth certificate required. if so, thinking to apply MN1 first as I need to apply Passport as soon as possible.

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:03 pm

gentlejuke wrote:Thanks you very much Adam.

May I know Original birth certificate required. if so, thinking to apply MN1 first as I need to apply Passport as soon as possible.
You are welcome gentlejuke.

Yes only the original birth certificates are accepted. I think you can ordercopies/duplicate of original birth certificate of your youngest child from your local register office.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:42 pm

I am planning order for copy of my baby birth certificate through Directgov. I am planning 'British Passport + PCO' and 'Child Benefit' at same time.

In this scenario, is that fine to use a copy birth cert to Child Benefit for which I am going to order/request Direcgov??

Pls let me know.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:47 pm

gentlejuke wrote:I am planning order for copy of my baby birth certificate through Directgov. I am planning 'British Passport + PCO' and 'Child Benefit' at same time.

In this scenario, is that fine to use a copy birth cert to Child Benefit for which I am going to order/request Direcgov??

Pls let me know.
For child benefit you can use short birth certificate, they gave you one at register office free of charge.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi,

As part of filling child benefit applicaiton I have following queries.
Can you please help me on same?

My status - Wife, Elder Kid & I are in ILR (5yrs stay) and British passport applied for younger kid (got BC under sec 1(3)).

1. Do I need to send Passport for the child born abroad? I am bit worried in sending Passport through freepost to Washington.

2. Can you please sugest me from below context -
In next year, we (family) all get an eligibility to go for BC. However my wife dont have a plan to go for BC. In this scenario, can you suggest who can be the applicant (wife or me) to apply Childbenefit.
I think it can be anyone from us, since I am going for BC it would be easier if I become an applicant.

Pls suggest.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi - Can any one reply on my below query -

1. May I know what are the original doucments to be sent? Do I need to send Original Passports of both Parents?

2. My wife wanted to be continue in ILR, so if I apply CB, does it affect my wife's ILR in any of circumstances?

Pls suggest.

boloney

Post by boloney » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:14 pm

gentlejuke wrote:
2. My wife wanted to be continue in ILR, so if I apply CB, does it affect my wife's ILR in any of circumstances?

Pls suggest.
no

mharoon22
Newly Registered

Post by mharoon22 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:10 am

no

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 am

Hi All - Thanks for your support.

My CB process is success -
1. CB paid to my bank mentioned in appl.
2. I have received my Original DOB certificated submitted with appl.

Thanks once again.

sensm

child benifit

Post by sensm » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi Adam & Forum,

4 weeks back me and my wife + childrens got ILR
can anyone of us claim child benifit for childrens?
does this has effect on our naturalisation as She was on dependent visa before ILR?
I just want to know if she put her name on application instead of me.

can we apply now or wait till 3 month period?

regards

sensm