ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Check & Send service Parents ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ben142007
Newly Registered

Passport Check & Send service Parents ILR

Post by ben142007 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi

I applied for my childs(7 month) passport using the check and send service. We were on ILR when our son was born. As I understand from the passport guidance, Supporting documents are Birth Certificate and Parents Passport for immigration Status in this case.

At the post office the check and send guys have only kept the birth certificate and returned all the other documents. So my question is, whether the application is complete without my/our passports being sent as supporting documents.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ben

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:43 pm

I would have expected you need to send your passport to support the application. If the application is not complete, IPS will contact you to request the missing documents.

ben142007
Newly Registered

Post by ben142007 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Jambo wrote:I would have expected you need to send your passport to support the application. If the application is not complete, IPS will contact you to request the missing documents.
Thanks Jambo... Its surprising that after charging to ensure my application is complete they make a basic error.

What are the experiences of others in similar cases?

Regards.

Ben

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Check and serve at PO, is as good as you are in filling your application. So they may fail as well.
I found that if you post the application yourself it reaches IPS at least 2 days earlier and is dealt with more quickly.