ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clarrygill
Newly Registered

settlement visa

Post by clarrygill » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:48 pm

I married my jamaican husband on 5th oct & have returned to UK in order to sort out all documents to apply for his settlement visa for uk. As we are waiting for the marriage certificate I am unable to change my name to my married name on my passport, bank etc. is it acceptable to apply for visa using my maiden name & maiden name on all supporting documents? We will have the marriage certificate in time for my husbands interview to show that we are married.

batleykhan

Re: settlement

Post by batleykhan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:54 pm

clarrygill wrote:I married my jamaican husband on 5th oct & have returned to UK in order to sort out all documents to apply for his settlement visa for uk. As we are waiting for the marriage certificate I am unable to change my name to my married name on my passport, bank etc. is it acceptable to apply for visa using my maiden name & maiden name on all supporting documents? We will have the marriage certificate in time for my husbands interview to show that we are married.
Yes you can send docs in your maiden name :wink: