ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Totally stressed - just want to live with my man.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stressed12
Newly Registered

Totally stressed - just want to live with my man.

Post by stressed12 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:24 pm

I have signed up here for any advice possible.

I have not yet made any application to the Home office but rather am reading all the forms and requirements and tearing my hair out. Not sure if we can meet them.

I met my fiance around 4 years ago whilst I was on holiday, we have been friends since then. I visited his home country(in egypt) around 18 months ago and we really hit it off as more than friends. We have kept in touch via skype everyday(having long conversations) and I met him a third time 12 months ago when we discussed marriage. We said that we would save together so he could come to the UK. Due to the unrest in his country he was made redundant and has not been able to find work. He now has no money.

We want to get married and are planning to do so in his home country before applying. We are of similar age, he is educated and speaks beautiful English but has no money.

I am in my 20's in a respected job and earn the average annual salary (around 27K pa). My contract ends mid 2012, then I will have to get a new job. I feel that I could support him financially until he finds work here. The problem is I live in a shared house accomodation to maximise my income. I know the requirements state that adequate accomodation is needed. I feel it is wrong that I should have to leave my home to go to a bigger place whilst waiting for a decision to be made. Is it possible for me to state that if they allow my future husband to come here, for me to then rent a larger property?

I am scared of getting married and they dont let him come (because of his financial staus) and I am left living apart from my husband in a nice spacious home that I do not need.

We just want to be together.

lijogk
Newly Registered

Re: Totally stressed - just want to live with my man.

Post by lijogk » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:29 pm

no need to worry

27k annual is more than enough . Just mention about your current job and your work experiences in your sponsorship letter . Make sure you give all documents to show that your relationship is genuine .

Apply for fiance visa , so that you can get married in uk itself

regards
lee
stressed12 wrote:I have signed up here for any advice possible.

I have not yet made any application to the Home office but rather am reading all the forms and requirements and tearing my hair out. Not sure if we can meet them.

I met my fiance around 4 years ago whilst I was on holiday, we have been friends since then. I visited his home country(in egypt) around 18 months ago and we really hit it off as more than friends. We have kept in touch via skype everyday(having long conversations) and I met him a third time 12 months ago when we discussed marriage. We said that we would save together so he could come to the UK. Due to the unrest in his country he was made redundant and has not been able to find work. He now has no money.

We want to get married and are planning to do so in his home country before applying. We are of similar age, he is educated and speaks beautiful English but has no money.

I am in my 20's in a respected job and earn the average annual salary (around 27K pa). My contract ends mid 2012, then I will have to get a new job. I feel that I could support him financially until he finds work here. The problem is I live in a shared house accomodation to maximise my income. I know the requirements state that adequate accomodation is needed. I feel it is wrong that I should have to leave my home to go to a bigger place whilst waiting for a decision to be made. Is it possible for me to state that if they allow my future husband to come here, for me to then rent a larger property?

I am scared of getting married and they dont let him come (because of his financial staus) and I am left living apart from my husband in a nice spacious home that I do not need.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Totally stressed - just want to live with my man.

Post by mochyn » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:50 am

stressed12 wrote:I have signed up here for any advice possible.

I understand your stress as I was in the same circumstances living in shared accommodation and was wondering wether or not it was acceptable for the spousal visa to be issued.
I worried for nothing as long as you have your own room then the accomodation requirement is met.
My wife was issued with spousal visa and we still live in shared accomodation

stressed12
Newly Registered

Post by stressed12 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 am

Thank you both for your replies - much appreciated.

Just a couple of further queries, I have read the info on accommodation and I have seen that a room is adequate as mochyn says, however unfortunately I have a room (large -20 sq m with a double bed) in a house of multiple occupancy. I think it states that I would need to get permission from the landlord/contractor to allow my husband to stay. I'm not sure if they would do this and it would be an awkward conversation to say the least. The Spam and 2 bathrooms in the house are shared. 3 other single people live in the house which is 5 bedroooms.

We will definitely move to our own private flat when(hopefully when he gets his visa) I just dont want to have to move before this is confirmed because I am happy here and if he cant come I will not be able to move back, instead I will be living in a flat alone(the one I wanted us to live in). Can I explain this or will this possibly cause our application to fail?

Ideally I would prefer to bring him as a fiance(so he can see if he can live in the UK) but I want him to be able to start looking for work when he comes and for us to get on with our lives. If he came as a fiance, and we got married within a month, does he have to go back to his home to apply for a spouse visa? If the rules for the fiance visa are just as tough and our costs will be greater in the long term we may as well just get married.

Does anyone know of any helpline that answers questions on particular cases?

bridge1
BANNED

Post by bridge1 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:51 pm

I would probably refrain from stating that you want to 'see if he can live here' as that would possible create doubt in the ECO's mind that you both are determined to see the relationship through regardless of what the decision is on the visa.

Also it may be an idea to show evidence that you have been looking for larger accommodation suitable for a couple for when he gets here - a bit of relationship advice for you would be that a lack of privacy for a couple can cause significant strain on a relationship. If you were demonstrating that you have been searching for suitable accommodation then it is more likely that the ECO will view you living in shared accommodation as nothing extraordinary.

Just IMHO of course, based on what you have said if you can show that the relationship is genuine it is likely that the application will succeed. Re converting to a spouse visa, he will be granted 6 months as a fiancee during which time you need to get married and apply for FLR as a spouse visa (which is 2 years validity). Also re your sentence 'I want him to be able to start looking for work when he comes' - yikes! Big Noooooo there as he will be unable to work on a fiancee visa and you will need to demonstrate that you cans support him and yourself without recourse to public funds, end of. On a spouse visa he will be able to work.