ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change process

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Macco

Name change process

Post by Macco » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:30 am

I came here in 2009 on Tier-2 visa and blessed with my baby here after that. I have got his Passport from Indian high commission and got dependant Visa stamped on it. I have just applied for my Visa extension along with my baby. Now we want to change his name. After my extension if I go for name change, Could you please let me know what is the name change process here and how does it impact on current Visa ? Do I need to apply for new passport after that ? if so, how Visa would be transfered to new passport..Please advice me.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:54 pm

1. Follow HCI guidelines to apply for a new passport under new name (Change of name – other cases).
2. You'll need to provide evidence of change of name (e.g. - deed poll) to UKBA for them to register the on the BRP / their records.
3. Use BRP (RC) form to register change in name with UKBA (must be done within 3 months of the change, else GBP 1000 penalty applies).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Macco

Name change process

Post by Macco » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks for all your responses on this forum. On subsequent reply on Name change process of my baby born in UK and having Indian passport later.

I have contacted to one newspaper agency in UK, according to them..
I need to provide affidavit signed by Notary Public (May be from HCI), once they will get it, they will arrange to publish ads in India and UK, then I will take those cuttings and could apply for new passport.

Now could you please guide me on
1. Can I provide news paper cutting (instead of deed poll) as a proof of name change evidence ? If so I would not be applying for deed poll then.
2. What I understood from you that after getting new passport, I would be applying “BPC (RC) formâ€