ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got job now need advice

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunnymanes
Newly Registered

got job now need advice

Post by sunnymanes » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I have recently come here Starting Sept on HSMP, now i have got job in the small web based company in Berkshire, and they have provided me with the offer letter stating salary 30k, I am not sure I should accept it or not, I have 2.5 years exp in testing

From an MNC to small co will it effect or not

Need ur advice

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:25 pm

What do you stand to lose by accepting the offer ?? So what if it is 30K GBP !! Your cash inflow begins .. big help anyways if you don't have much savings !! If you realizze anytime after starting that you don't like the job or the money, you can always start looking again.

But who knows how long it will take for you to land another job if you decide to let this go !!

regards

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:40 am

You dont have anything to lose but everything to gain. You have cash in your hand and you also will begin to gain the all important UK experience. Probably 6 months down the line you can start applying for another job which you find will be more appropriate for you and your career. This job will help you kick start your career in the UK.

Nova_74
Newly Registered

Post by Nova_74 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:05 am

dont stop and think. just accept the offer.