ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship of my married sister and husband to settle UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Goggy24
Newly Registered

Sponsorship of my married sister and husband to settle UK

Post by Goggy24 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:24 am

hi,

I am a UK citizen and wish to sponsor my Married sister and her family to come and settle in the UK. My sister and her family currently reside in Singapore however we want to live together in one country as our family life is suffering and due to distance we are unable to meet often. Both my sister and her husband are high net worth individuals.

Could someone recommend what immigration route can be followed- what forms etc will need to be filled in etc etc ?

I am sufficiently financially capable of sponsoring family members and other facilities are available to me as well.

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:09 pm

They are not eligible for direct settlement (whether or not you can afford to maintain them or that they are wealthy). If they want to settle in the UK they would have to look at various categories of the points-based system that would allow them to live in the UK for a five year period that then gives an opportunity to settle in the UK after that time. Entrepreneur and Investment categories seem the most appropriate.

Working in the UK