ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Maintenance requirement of £533

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

puneet478
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - Maintenance requirement of £533

Post by puneet478 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi,

I will be traveling to UK in end of Nov, 2011. My company is sponsoring a tier 2 visa for me and I planning to take my wife with me on a dependent visa (not sponsored by my company).

As per UK VISA rules, Either of I or my wife is required to maintain a minimum balance of £533 (equivalent in INR) for consecutive 3 months.

I checked my bank statement for last 1 year and found that my a/c balance has fallen below £533 for just 1 day. For all other days of the year it is >= £533.

1) Will the dependent VISA be rejected on the grounds that balance has fallen below £533 (even if it is for just 1 day in last 1 year).

2) Is there any alternate to fulfill/compensate this requirement by adding more funds to the account?

3) I have a couple of other bank accounts (but funds don't exceed £533 for 3 consecutive months) and fixed deposits for INR 100,000. Could those be used to fulfill the maintenance requirement?

I will really appreciate any urgent help in this regard.

Thanks!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:39 pm

did her balance fall below £533 in last 90 days? If yes, then the application will be refused.

unless you can prove that she had amount in another account or something on that particular day, her app is going to be refused

mt_dilber

Re: Tier 2 - Maintenance requirement of £533

Post by mt_dilber » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:55 am

puneet478 wrote:Hi,

I will be traveling to UK in end of Nov, 2011. My company is sponsoring a tier 2 visa for me and I planning to take my wife with me on a dependent visa (not sponsored by my company).

As per UK VISA rules, Either of I or my wife is required to maintain a minimum balance of £533 (equivalent in INR) for consecutive 3 months.

I checked my bank statement for last 1 year and found that my a/c balance has fallen below £533 for just 1 day. For all other days of the year it is >= £533.

1) Will the dependent VISA be rejected on the grounds that balance has fallen below £533 (even if it is for just 1 day in last 1 year).

2) Is there any alternate to fulfill/compensate this requirement by adding more funds to the account?

3) I have a couple of other bank accounts (but funds don't exceed £533 for 3 consecutive months) and fixed deposits for INR 100,000. Could those be used to fulfill the maintenance requirement?

I will really appreciate any urgent help in this regard.

Thanks!
In addition to what arsenal49 said, requirement of £533 for 90 days is only valid if you are living in UK for 12 months or more, if not, you have to show higher amount held within last 90 days, visit UKBA website and see Tier2 policy guidance for details.

SaurabhPd
Newly Registered

Post by SaurabhPd » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:15 am

I have a similar situation. I am presently in India and I am applying for Tier 2 ICT visa along with wife and 2 kids- so there is a total fund requirement of £800+£533+£533+£533=£2399 to be in my bank account for the last 90 days from date of application. Can someone please advise -

(a) Whether I can show this fund requirement from my various bank accounts? i.e I have this aggregrate fund available in my two accounts, my wife's account and my kid's account. Can all these account be shown together to claim points on this fund requirment?

(b) My UK company is also ready to give a letter mentioning they are ready to certify mine and my family maintenance for a month. Will this be an additional requirment or an alternate requirementto the point (a) ?

Please do reply