ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP NEEDED - ILR FOR ELDERLY DEPENDENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaygajjar
Newly Registered

HELP NEEDED - ILR FOR ELDERLY DEPENDENT

Post by jaygajjar » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Dear Sirs,

I'm Indian & British Citizen, want to apply for ILR for my Dad, who's living in India...He comes in eligibility category which is - widowed father aged 65 or over... Now UKBA website says...

You must provide evidence that:
"You have no other close relatives in your own country who can support you financially"

My problem is, I've got 2 brothers in india...& want to know How he can prove that they can not support him financially.

Please Help
Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:34 pm

ILR cannot be applied for from outside the UK. If he qualifies, he may for ILE (Indefinite leave to enter) from outside the UK.

Please explain how is your father supporting himself or how are you / your siblings currently supporting him.

1. Who does he live with? Does he own real estate (e.g. - house)?
2. Does he have an income, e.g. - from savings or pension?
3. Do you / your siblings support your father financially? If so, how?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jaygajjar
Newly Registered

Post by jaygajjar » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Thank you for reply,

Yes, I have to get him to come over on visitor visa & then We'll apply from here...If I'm correct??

He has got house on joint mortgage with my brother & he is living with him only...also he is working & will be retired after some while....then after I'm thinking to bring him here to look after him as my brothers are not that much stable over there...

Please do let me know....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:36 pm

In effect:
1. He has a source of income - employment or self-employment.
2. After retirement, he may still have a source of income through savings or pension or something similar.
3. He co-owns the house that he lives in.
4. He has two sons in the country he lives in, and one of them lives with him in the same house.

It seems the only requirement that he fulfils (amongst the many) is that he is a widower over 65 years of age.

If your siblings are "not stable" - and I assume by that you mean "not financially stable" - then you can transfer some money regularly to your father in India, should the need arise in the future.

From UKBA's perspective, your father has 2 sons to look after him in the same country he lives in (but only 1 in the UK), and your father is not wholly financially dependent on you.

See also 317(iii) and 317(v)
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jaygajjar
Newly Registered

Post by jaygajjar » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Is there any way to prove that they are (my brothers) not willing to look after him after he's retired??