ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do caseworkers at the UKBA store info on databases?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GSOtodd

Do caseworkers at the UKBA store info on databases?

Post by GSOtodd » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:56 am

Ok, do caseworkers store migrants data on databases or microfilm. I can't imagine that they would have a physical file on every migrant worker in the UK.

My reason for asking is, would they have copies of work permit letters granting permission to enter/remain. Would they also have correspondence from employers kept on file? I am a little concerned because I applied for ILR based on Section O Work Permit/Tier 2. I sent in my passport which of course had my resident permits from August 2006 to present. I also sent in:

Employment letter stating I've been employed at the firm for five years and at appropriate salary rate and that I was still needed.

My last P60 along with last three payment statements and last three bank statements - all covered three months before applying

My biometric card

two photographs

My UK Knowledge of UK test results

Now, would the caseworker have documents kept about me from previous years?
Andy

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:57 am

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Do caseworkers at the UKBA store info on databases?

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes there will be a file for every single sponsored worker who applies in the UK. Yes, your details will be on a database. In addition the original correspondence from your employer will be kept. There will also be copies of work permit letters.

Is this going to be a problem? If so, why? In contrast will it solve a problem?
GSOtodd wrote:Ok, do caseworkers store migrants data on databases or microfilm. I can't imagine that they would have a physical file on every migrant worker in the UK.

My reason for asking is, would they have copies of work permit letters granting permission to enter/remain. Would they also have correspondence from employers kept on file? I am a little concerned because I applied for ILR based on Section O Work Permit/Tier 2. I sent in my passport which of course had my resident permits from August 2006 to present. I also sent in:

Employment letter stating I've been employed at the firm for five years and at appropriate salary rate and that I was still needed.

My last P60 along with last three payment statements and last three bank statements - all covered three months before applying

My biometric card

two photographs

My UK Knowledge of UK test results

Now, would the caseworker have documents kept about me from previous years?

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:51 pm

No, no problem. I just want the caseworker to have every evidence that I've been working in the UK for five years non stop and at the same job. My employment letter stated this as well. I sent them my last P60 and didn't know if they needed all of them for every single year I've been here.
Just curious, I sent it in on the 5th of Sept and got my acknowledgement letter on the 9th of Sept. Wonder what is taking them so long?
Andy