ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dharma26

Tier 1 extension

Post by dharma26 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:08 pm

I got points for English language based on "Degree Taught in English".

Is it necessry to write the English test for extension of Tier-1 General because from 4th Oct 2011 Home office introduced the New list of Approved English Language Test. And it says "When you make an application in an immigration category that requires you to demonstrate your English language ability, you must show that you have passed an appropriate test on the list.".

Is it applicable to Tier 1 Extension and also for dependant?

Please reply.

iffi786

Re: Tier 1 extension - New English Language test

Post by iffi786 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:52 pm

English language

In this section, you must score ten points for your English language skills at the time of application or your application will be refused.

If you are from a majority English speaking country you can automatically claim ten points for English language skills.

If you are not from a majority English speaking country, you can claim points either for an English language test or a degree taught in English equivalent to a Bachelor's degree or above in the UK.

How would you like to claim points for English language skills?
I am a national from a majority English speaking country
I have a qualification that was taught in English
I have passed an approved English language test
I have already proven my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application
I do not want to claim points for English language skills (your application will be refused, unless your assessment refers to a settlement application - see Help below)

dharma26

Post by dharma26 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Your reply is not clearing my doubt. My question is Home office set new rule for English assessment is applicable to me or not. During my initial application I got 10 points based on degree taught in english.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:02 pm

dharma26 wrote:Your reply is not clearing my doubt. My question is Home office set new rule for English assessment is applicable to me or not. During my initial application I got 10 points based on degree taught in english.
I think you need to read iffi786's response carefully. You will notice that he has put in bold the section which should clear your doubts. This is an extract from the policy guidance document and I believe it does adequately explain that you have already proven your English language skills in your previous Tier 1 application.

I have already proven my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:17 pm

dharma26 wrote:Your reply is not clearing my doubt. My question is Home office set new rule for English assessment is applicable to me or not. During my initial application I got 10 points based on degree taught in english.
for yourself: read this -
"To meet the English language requirement, you must:

currently have permission to stay in the UK under Tier 1 (General), or"
here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... hlanguage/

For your spouse: read this - "The new English requirement does not apply to the following groups of
applicants:
• spouse or partner of Tier 1 and Tier 2 visa applicants"
here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:35 pm

tier1_applicant wrote:
for yourself: read this -
"To meet the English language requirement, you must:

currently have permission to stay in the UK under Tier 1 (General), or"
here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... hlanguage/

For your spouse: read this - "The new English requirement does not apply to the following groups of
applicants:
• spouse or partner of Tier 1 and Tier 2 visa applicants"
here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

currently have permission to stay in the UK under Tier 1 (General) so u r on tier 1 visa and going for ext so what the problem is

dharma26

Post by dharma26 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:34 am

Thank you for your reply. I understand that English test is not required for the people already in Tier-1 General.

Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:52 pm

dharma26 wrote:In Tier-1 General application, question No. B26 is asking about

"The applicant should indicate whether they consider themselves to be employed or self-employed"

My status: I am currently working under my own limited company. I am 80% share holder and director of the company.

Which one is applicable for me? employed or self-employed?

Please answer. Thank you very much.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!