ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - Advise needed on whether to apply or not

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghav1982
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension - Advise needed on whether to apply or not

Post by raghav1982 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:21 am

Hi

I have a tier 1 visa valid till 29th July 2012.It was approved on 29th July 2010 at Birmingham.

I worked in UK till March 2011. I was in India for 4 months and am now in USA on H1. I will be back in UK in March 2012. I have a few questions:

1. Will it be an issue if I apply for extension in March itself after arriving in UK ?(want to avoid after March since I get 10 less points for age ). I prefer In-person application rather than post.

2. The salary slips will be from 3 countries. I can get a letter from employer stating that I worked for him and was posted in these countries along with stamped salary slips. Can this be an issue for In-person application.

3. I understand that there is no uplift factor now.Is this correct.

On other hand, with Tier1 about to be replaced by a new system. Does it make any sense to get an extension.
Thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:29 am

Suggest you research the topic a bit more, because you are obviously misinformed:

Your age points cannot be different after March to before March. There is not uplift factor for overseas earnings. Tier 1 General is not about to be replaced by another system.

I don't really see why you want to apply for an extension in March when you visa only expires in July? You are simply just losing out on some extra months on the visa simply by being impatient.

raghav1982
Newly Registered

Post by raghav1982 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:54 am

What I meant was that after March my age will be 30.

and now they have reduced tier 1 to 1000: From April 2011 the Tier 1 visa will be replaced or will change into an exceptional talent visa limited to 1,000 visas per year that hardly anyone will qualify for

Besides above, can someone please answer the salary question. I will be showing payslips from three countries: UK, USA and India.

Last time when I went for Tier 1, they asked for a letter from employer since i was showing pay slips from two countries: UK and India

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi raghav1982,

As suggested, you need to do a bit of more reading.

Age points should be the same as your initial application.
Tier1 is stopped. Tier1 ext continues as usual.
There is nothing called as an upliftment ratio anymore.

-H