ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - PEO Croydon (WP + Tier 1)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmaj
Newly Registered

ILR Success - PEO Croydon (WP + Tier 1)

Post by nmaj » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi All,

First of all I would like to thank this forum.I am one of those who benefited using this forum.

My ILR application at Croydon PEO was successful.

Briefly about the case:
1.Workpermit (1 3/4 years) + Tier 1 (3 1/4 years)
2.Included only spouse in the application, not my 2 children who born in the UK (will register MN1 directly. So Saved £1350)
3.Just 25 days away from the UK in the last 5 years
4.No convictions
5.Had Tier1 extension just 3 months ago

My appointment was on 17th Oct at 9 AM.

Initial Checks by an UKBA officer:
Questions asked,
1.You were on workpermit before Tier1.Do you have documents to prove your employment with them?
2.Do you have cohabitation documents to prove that your wife has been living with you in the last 2 years.

then got token from him , paid the fee on the first floor and waited to be called.They were running 1 hr behind the schedule.So I was called at 10 AM.

Case Worker:
She asked our passports and the application form,
1. Passports ( 1 x Main applicant, 1 x Dependent spouse)
2. Application Form

She did no.of checks on the system.Took nearly 15 mins.Then she asked for the documents

I submitted the following documents,

1.Last 12 months bank statements
2.Last 12 months payslips
3.Letter from the current employer
4.Letter from my first employer who I had workpermit with
5.Old workpermit document
6.P45 of all my previous employers
7.Last 3 years P60
8.LUK certificate
9.Biometric cards
10.Cohabitation documents ( bank statements(not joined), NHS Card, Our children birth certificates, other NHS letters)

She then told me that she has to check the documents and it could take upto 1 hr.If she needs anything she said she will let me know.
I waited opposite that counter.After 1 hr she called me and said your application is successful and kindly asked for photocopies if I have any.
I have had photocopies of all the above documents.she thanked and asked me to wait for another 1 hr to collect passports with ILR endorsed in it.

Documents that I had in the backup that were not asked to produce,
1. HMRC 5 years tax history letter
2. HMRC 5 years employment history letter
3. All 5 years payslips and bank statements

I thank again this forum which helped me a lot

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi mate,

Did the dependent on the application attend the appointment? Or you just submitted documents on behalf? I've got mine coming up and just wanted to confirm if it was OK to submit docs on behalf of the dependent without them attending?

Thanks
Rakesh

nmaj
Newly Registered

Post by nmaj » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Rakesh,

No.
You dont really need to take your dependents to PEO.Although when you make appointment you need to specify how many people the appointment is for.They need to see only the main applicant not the dependents.

All the best

geek1981 wrote:Hi mate,

Did the dependent on the application attend the appointment? Or you just submitted documents on behalf? I've got mine coming up and just wanted to confirm if it was OK to submit docs on behalf of the dependent without them attending?

Thanks
Rakesh

san14
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success - PEO Croydon (WP + Tier 1)

Post by san14 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi,

I have just now completed 5 yrs in UK on work permit.

I have one child born in UK. I want to know about the MN1 which you have mentioned below.

If I apply for ILR for spouse and myself could I apply for my child for British Citizenship without going though the ILR for my child, once spouse and I receive ILR ?

Could you please throw some light on this and the route to MN1 that would be of great help.

Thank you.

Kind regards

San14

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nmaj
Newly Registered

Post by nmaj » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:36 am

Hi,

sushdmehta has forwarded you the best link.Follow that link
san14 wrote:Hi,

I have one child born in UK. I want to know about the MN1 which you have mentioned below.

If I apply for ILR for spouse and myself could I apply for my child for British Citizenship without going though the ILR for my child, once spouse and I receive ILR ?

Could you please throw some light on this and the route to MN1 that would be of great help.

Thank you.

Kind regards

San14

san14
Newly Registered

Post by san14 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:45 am

Hi There,

Thank you for the help.

I have also confirmed this with Home Office and they are in agreement with the information provided by this forum. (08450105200)

Thank you all.

Regards

San
nmaj wrote:Hi,

sushdmehta has forwarded you the best link.Follow that link
san14 wrote:Hi,

Thank you.

Kind regards

San14

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:40 am

nmaj wrote:
Questions asked,
1.You were on workpermit before Tier1.Do you have documents to prove your employment with them?
2.Do you have cohabitation documents to prove that your wife has been living with you in the last 2 years.
Hi, Could you confirm if your letter from previous employer was a recent letter or something you had taken in the past?

Also were your P-60 and payslips in original? i have P-60's on email, and my tax consultant advised me that an employer need not issue one on paper as long as they have issued one on email. So a bit confused as to what documents i can take to prove my previous employment.

I do have employee letters issued in the past to prove i was employed and based in the UK during this period, but not sure if this is sufficient. would appreciate your responses.
[/quote]

nmaj
Newly Registered

Post by nmaj » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 pm

I had a month old letter from my workpermit employer. I didn't mean to get the latest one. I had few spelling mistakes in the old letter.So I had to get it corrected.

If you have old letter that should be fine.The old letter still proves that you were employed by them.But if you can get latest one try as possibly as you can.

All my P60s and Payslips were original.I have had only the last 3 years P60.

One of the below documents should prove your employment with them,

* P60/P45/Payslips/HMRC Employment history letter/HMRC Tax history letter/Letter from your employer

vjs8in wrote:
nmaj wrote:
Questions asked,
Hi, Could you confirm if your letter from previous employer was a recent letter or something you had taken in the past?

Also were your P-60 and payslips in original? i have P-60's on email, and my tax consultant advised me that an employer need not issue one on paper as long as they have issued one on email. So a bit confused as to what documents i can take to prove my previous employment.

I do have employee letters issued in the past to prove i was employed and based in the UK during this period, but not sure if this is sufficient. would appreciate your responses.
[/quote]

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:26 am

O.k, that does help. I will try to get a letter from employer stating the pay and work location to prove that i was employed in UK.