ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help required Ukraine citizen wanting to come to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stu13
Newly Registered

Help required Ukraine citizen wanting to come to UK

Post by Stu13 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:20 am

I am after a bit of advice as to options for some one from the Ukraine to come to the UK for work or study. The person in question is an English/German teacher in Ukraine. What are the possibilities for her to get a visa to come to the UK to either study to register for teaching in Britain or to obtain work in teaching or translation/interpreting fields. Are there any websites that give advice on things like this or are there any agencies that deal with finding work for people like this. Sorry this is very general subject I am just trying to find out all the possibilities open to her. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciatted.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:58 am

What is the nationality of the person?
Yes, of course it may be possible. In particular, her German language teaching experience may be of some good use.
The information regarding Work Permits, Highly Skilled Migrant Programme is given on www.workingintheuk.gov.uk
She could try to find a school or university who would be willing to apply for a Work Permit for her or she could try to carry out a self assessment for HSMP.
Hope it is useful.

Stu13
Newly Registered

Post by Stu13 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. She is a Ukraine national. I have looked at the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme but unfortuanately she does not have the work experience or the past earnings to get enough points to qualify.

Pipi
Newly Registered

Post by Pipi » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:56 pm

She can come to the UK as a visitor first or to do her postcraduate course.
Or the other thing can work if company invites her on a business trip.
I am Ukrainian myself, I have to say that it is hard for Ukrainian people to enter GB. Even if her English is very good.
She can try to come as a student it will be easier and she will be allowed to work 15 hours per week, although she will be needed work permit. Not every company wants to employ people, who have to have work permit!

Best regards

Look at www.gumtree.com
jobs

Stu13
Newly Registered

Post by Stu13 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:51 pm

Thanks for the reply Pipi. She already has a visit visa and has been here once and comes back in 10 days time. I want her to be able to stay for longer though and can't go down the route of fiance visa at the moment. The student visa does look like the best option though, just unfortuanate the teaching course she would need to teach in Scotland starts in August. Really interested in companies that do interpreting/translation work that may give her a job here but I am struggling to find any at the moment.