ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WIFE's Visa will expire on same date as mine!! WHAT TO DO?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nionlight
Member of Standing

WIFE's Visa will expire on same date as mine!! WHAT TO DO?

Post by nionlight » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Dear Friend,

I am here in uk with Tier-1 and will qualify to apply for ILR next year October. My wife recently joined me as a dependent and her visa will expire same date as mine, which means when I apply for ILR, her visa will expire. She will only have 1 year in uk by the time her visa expire and I apply for ILR. Now which visa will she apply for? Please advise. Many thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:31 pm

She should apply for FLR(M) at the same time you apply for settlement.

Come back next year .. closer to the time of your settlement application ... for more detailed information on the matter. For now, the answer above should quell any worries.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:29 pm

sushdmehta wrote:She should apply for FLR(M) at the same time you apply for settlement.

Come back next year .. closer to the time of your settlement application ... for more detailed information on the matter. For now, the answer above should quell any worries.
Thanks sushdmehta. The reson for my worry is, my wife wont be here in Uk during the time of my ILR application. Since she is a student back home, she will need to go home at that time for attending exams. Is there anything can be done? Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:49 pm

In such case, after you are granted settlement she will have to apply for entry clearance as spouse of settled person.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!