ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application mishandled by UKBA

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tradle1
Newly Registered

ILR application mishandled by UKBA

Post by tradle1 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:07 pm

A strange thing has happened to my application and sharing with you all and also seeking your advice:

My application timeline:

SET (O) 10-year application sent: 3 October
Application received (confirmed by Royal Mail tracker): 4 October
Application fees taken from my Card: 5 October

I have been waiting for an acknowledgement letter as it has been 2 weeks. Strangely, I got a call today from someone that he received my application package (including passport, LIUK certification, SET-O form etc) in his address. Obviously he was also expecting his passports from Home Office. Such a good human being he was, he called me and have asked me to contact the Home Office. He will then send the my application to the Home Office.

It looks like the Home Office mishandled and misplaced the passports. As the gentleman informed that my application has been stamped as received on 4 October. I cannot believe the irreponsble error of the Home Office. How can they do this? I am stressed and am very worried. Can you guys please suggest what shall I do?

Tradle1

ah_kassem

Post by ah_kassem » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:43 pm

tradle1 wrote:A strange thing has happened to my application and sharing with you all and also seeking your advice:

My application timeline:

SET (O) 10-year application sent: 3 October
Application received (confirmed by Royal Mail tracker): 4 October
Application fees taken from my Card: 5 October

I have been waiting for an acknowledgement letter as it has been 2 weeks. Strangely, I got a call today from someone that he received my application package (including passport, LIUK certification, SET-O form etc) in his address. Obviously he was also expecting his passports from Home Office. Such a good human being he was, he called me and have asked me to contact the Home Office. He will then send the my application to the Home Office.

It looks like the Home Office mishandled and misplaced the passports. As the gentleman informed that my application has been stamped as received on 4 October. I cannot believe the irreponsble error of the Home Office. How can they do this? I am stressed and am very worried. Can you guys please suggest what shall I do?

Tradle1
Hi tradle1,

I am sorry to hearabout this. thank god the person contacted you and hopefully documents ll be sent soon to you, but this may delay the processing time. i suggest you write a cover letter explaining to ukba what happened including the address where the docs were sent. i suggest also that you speak to you local MP to write to ukba for explanation. Do the others agree with me on this.

I am wondering if the person who recived tradle1 docs is on this forum, can that person let us know? i suggest that he should write to the ukba and his mp as well to see what happen.

this is rather worrying turn of events ans show carelessness in handling important docs on part f ukba.

ah_kassem

tradle1
Newly Registered

Post by tradle1 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Thank you ah_kassem for your valuable suggestion. I'll certainly speak to Home Office tomorrow and bring this issue to the attention of the local MP soon. I am very grateful to the gentleman who received my passport that he will send the package to the Home Office with a covering letter and by recorded post for me.

A bit relived now but was very stressed before. I was waiting for my ILR to process and this has prolonged my case. Timely decision is very important to me as I have recently got a job offer and my employer is waiting for my ILR before I start. Now, I can only pray that my hopes do not shatter because of some irresponsible mishandling and negligence of UKBA staff.

fora

Post by fora » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:47 am

Receiving millions from applicants they could find money to train their staff i guess

ah_kassem

Post by ah_kassem » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:01 am

fora wrote:Receiving millions from applicants they could find money to train their staff i guess
I do not think this need training it is carelessness in dealing with important documents. That why this should be investigated and why MPs should be alerted to contact UKBA for investigations.

ah_kassem

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:36 pm

It's not just UKBA. When I applied for a re-issued driver licence (changed my address) they posted me someone else's documents.