ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement form vaf4

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mars27

settlement form vaf4

Post by mars27 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:21 pm

can anyone offer me sum advice on the vaf4 form regarding questions 8.7.14 and 8.7.15? im currently living rent free at my parents home so im only really paying for my childrens expenses eg food,travel and clothes out of my wages.....i have bought a home but am not moving in yet as it is being re decorated.....both questions are so similar what do i put down in each one as i hav no bills to pay as yet at the new house only a mortgage which my dad is paying off for me.....

any advice?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:30 pm

So what are the questions asking?

mars27

Post by mars27 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:35 pm

8.7.14 How much of your sponsor’s total monthly income is given to their family members and other dependants?

8.7.15 How much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:41 pm

8.7.14. The estimated amount you spend on your children.

8.7.15 This would be your fixed costs that you have to pay each month rather than anything that is of a discretionary unessential nature.

mars27

Post by mars27 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:44 pm

what do u mean by fixed costs? i can only think of the mortgage but my dad is helping with that....he puts the money into my account for that to be paid....no bills to pay as yet

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:53 pm

Your essential living expenses. Things that you can't avoid paying for such as rent, utilities, transport, food, council tax, etc. If you live with your parents then these may be reduced to reflect that they provide some of these for you.

mars27

Post by mars27 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:01 pm

ok so for me that would be travel and food........should i still mention the mortgage then as it is gona be coming up in my bank statement.....

also do i need to put a letter in my app from my dad stating that he is willing and able to pay off my mortgage till my hubby is over and gets a job?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Your mortgage is part of your non-discretionary living expenses (it can't be avoided) so you must mention it in the calculation.

mars27

Post by mars27 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Ok thank u for ur help... One last thing do u think I should put a letter in with my application explaining my dads help with the mortgage payment?

mars27

presenting the docs!

Post by mars27 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:30 am

how do u present all ur paperwork when u submit the applications?

fancy folders or just stapled together??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Your father's payments for the mortgage will be considered to be 3rd party financial support, so you will need to submit his bank statements together with a letter confirming his ongoing contribution to your finances.

mars27

Post by mars27 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:13 pm

i also want to ask i hav bought a 4 bedroom detached property ...do i need to get a housing report done? i hv the estate agent brochure which indicates the room sizes...will that do?

mars27

Post by mars27 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:14 am

can anyone answer my querie abt the housing report and how to present all the docs when submitting pls

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi mars27, im in a similar position as you living with parents/vaf4a./housing report. My local council Brent do not do visa housing reports. I was advised to get an estate agent to makle the report.

Also will need mortgage statement/land registry/deeds and letter of support from parents saying you stay there rent free, and your spose is welcome to stay rent free too. also pictures of the rooms.

I have searched this forum and found advise on arranging docs:

here is a post from batley khan on how he suggestes arranging the documents
To all those inquiring about the contents and presentation of the application, I suggest you put the sheet " list of attached documents"at the top, followed by the application form, followed by the applicants documents and then put the sponsors document at the bottom.

Punch one hole in the top left hand corner of all the document ( except passport and NIC card) and then use a short tag to hold all the documents together.

This would enable the ECO to look through easily and without having to separate the documents.

On the list of attache documents, each document should be numbered like AK1 (initials of applicant followed by number).This number then should be written on those small colored stickers which you should then put on the bottom right hand corner.Both should correspond with each other.

This will make it easier for the ECO to look through and by looking at the list at the top, he will know where the relevant doc is in the pack.

A well presented application form with the correct and proper documents usually ends in a successful outcome.

I would strongly advise the sponsor and applicant does this and please please please dont use those agents in Pakistan or let them look through your documents, as its almost certainly will result in receiving incorrect advise or documents goes missing.

Hopefully in the future I am going to put all the documents, samples and templates of all the documents together in an a guidance note and file, which will help people to put the files together themselves without the need to pay unscrupulous agents or some-solicitors here in UK who charge up-to £200 to do something you can do yourself.
also
No need to punch hole the "main application" form. It will be a good idea to staple the application form so that all the pages remain together.

Supporting documents can be kept together in individual bunches using U-pins. One you have done so - ALL the documents can be put together using a bigger foldback clip.
hope that helps, keep in touch maybe we can help each other with our apps.

mars27

Post by mars27 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:52 pm

thanks so much for the advice..... been looking for this info for ages!