ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required Forms: VAF2 2003, IM2 B (????) and Sponsorship

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnson333
Newly Registered

Required Forms: VAF2 2003, IM2 B (????) and Sponsorship

Post by Johnson333 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:23 am

You can probably guess that we are close to submitting our applcation as i've posted a few questions in the last couple of days. This time my question is regarding the forms. On the British Embassy - Quito website it lists the following documents:

COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS ( VAF2 2003, IM2 B and Sponsorship undertaking): original or copy of good quality.

VAF2 - no problem, its linked on the site : http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/vaf2_nov_2005.pdf

Sponsorship Undertaking - found it at : http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/Spons ... taking.pdf

I can't seem to find the IM2B, is this an old form? Perhaps superceeded by the VAF2?

Appreciate your help

Tom123
Newly Registered

Post by Tom123 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:39 am

Sponsorship undertaking for spouse visa??
:?:
Didn't know you needed one.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:42 am

Hmm, I am not impressed by the website you refer to!

Back in 2001 when my wife applied for her spouse visa I recollect that she needed to complete IM2A and IM2B forms. But you are quite right to think .. both those forms are now redundant ... and have indeed been superseded by the VAF2 form. And some years ago now. The VAF2 form collectively covers what the IM2A and IM2B used to cover.

So just ignore that reference on the British Mission website to the IM2B.
John