ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

linama06
Newly Registered

EEA2 ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS

Post by linama06 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:06 am

HI, my partner is Irish and I am from Colombia, we are going to send the documents for the Residence card using the EEA2 form, I was just wondering if do I need to do meet any specific English language requirement and show any English exam such as IELTS, TOFEL.

Its juts that a friend of mine who her partner is English told me that it was necessary, but not sure if under the free right movement EEA it Is the same?

I am a student and I am studying toward a degree in Accountancy, do I still need that exam? IELTS or TOEFL or Cambridge?

Thank you,

vinny

Re: EEA2 ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:18 am

linama06 wrote: HI, my partner is Irish and I am from Colombia, we are going to send the documents for the Residence card using the EEA2 form, I was just wondering if do I need to do meet any specific English language requirement and show any English exam such as IELTS, TOFEL.
No.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dasjoker

Re: EEA2 ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS

Post by dasjoker » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:18 am

linama06 wrote:HI, my partner is Irish and I am from Colombia, we are going to send the documents for the Residence card using the EEA2 form, I was just wondering if do I need to do meet any specific English language requirement and show any English exam such as IELTS, TOFEL.

Its juts that a friend of mine who her partner is English told me that it was necessary, but not sure if under the free right movement EEA it Is the same?

I am a student and I am studying toward a degree in Accountancy, do I still need that exam? IELTS or TOEFL or Cambridge?

Thank you,
No, you don't need any English language requirement

Also you can see checklist for EEA2 application http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cklist.pdf

linama06
Newly Registered

Post by linama06 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi, Thanks for your answer, we have send the documents a week ago, still havent received any confirmation from the UK Border of the receipt of those documents.

Does anyone have any idea how long do they take to reply and also when will they send my Partner passport?
I have read that they send it straight away he needs to travel in 2 weeks , will they send the passport soon or how long do they take?
Thanks

Godott

Post by Godott » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:20 pm

linama06 wrote:Hi, Thanks for your answer, we have send the documents a week ago, still havent received any confirmation from the UK Border of the receipt of those documents.

Does anyone have any idea how long do they take to reply and also when will they send my Partner passport?
I have read that they send it straight away he needs to travel in 2 weeks , will they send the passport soon or how long do they take?
Thanks
When you apply under EEA2 , after 1 month you will get COA ( Certificate of Application) , which confirms your right to llive here and work ( if married to eeanational) while the applicationi s being processed.
After getting that COA letter , you MAY ASK your partner's passport BACK immediately, explaining WHY you need his passport. They will ususally send it back to you within 10 working days.

Residence Card you may expect to get within 6 months after the DATE of Application stated in your COA letter.
Mainly, most of us get Residence Card in 3-4 months.
... Theatre of Absurdity..

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:57 pm

linama06 wrote:Does anyone have any idea how long do they take to reply and also when will they send my Partner passport?
You need to call them and request it back. They do not automatically send it back. You can also get back your passport while the Residence Card application is being processed.

If your partner has a member state issued ID card, they can travel in Europe with that.

linama06
Newly Registered

Post by linama06 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:27 pm

we have sent the application on the 28 of june, I have received de COA , but we are having a huge problem now, my parter ask for his passport back ( that was 2 weeks ago they said they will send it in 10 working days) because he needs to travel for business ( they dont need his passport as he is the EU citizen) they said they have send it last week, I have sent to envelops with 2 different tracking numbers.
we called last week and they said they have send it with one tracking number and I called today because we havent received the passport and they give me another tracking number.
Royal Mail said they have not received anything from Uk Border and UK Border say they have send it.

So looks like the passport is lost, UK border said they can not do anything after 28 days, the problem is that my parter has some business visas in there and he also needs to travel on thursday 28 and the week after.

My questtion is, this is a terrible services from UK border as my partner is having troubles because now the business visas will need to be issue again,flights need to be cancelled and money lost.... Is there anywhere were we can make an official complaint about this? they just can't do wherever they want, so what is the chance of me getting my residence card? whats the idea of sending envelopes for signed special next day delivery....

Thanks for your help.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Contact your MP's office. See if they can help.

And keep calling UKBA every day until they sort it out.

linama06
Newly Registered

Post by linama06 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi, we finally got our passports back and My residence card, it took exactly 3 months after I received the COA, in total was 3 months and 3 weeks.

Now my question is regarding to the Schengen visa, Do I need one? I was reading on the the Italian embassy web site and it says I don not need one as long as I travel with him, in other countries such as Spain there is no information, however if you check in the airlines it says I don not need a visa.

"Visa required, except for Those, irrespective of nationality,
for a max. stay of 90 days, holding "family member" residence
permit issued by United Kingdom to a family member of an EEA
national TIRGL/EEA or national of Switzerland, provided
travelling with or travelling to join the EEA national or
national of Switzerland"

I am checking all different forums and information but is still not very clear, some of them say you do, some other say you don't? where can I check that? or do I need to contact the consulates directly by applying for a Schengen Visa and see what they say? as all of them do not have an e mail address where to write.

Also most of them you have to apply through that agency in London, so if I go there of course they will say I need a visa, as you have to pay them and will be convenient for them to get money. :S

Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Hello, you do not need a Shengen visa for any of the members (except Switzerland) if you are traveling with your spouse.

Spain was out of step for a time when it only recognised residence cards issued by other Shengen countries, but they have amended the legislation and now comply.

There is a guide for Shengen border offices and visa issuing embassies and the directive itself. All are available in Spanish, you will have no trouble understanding them. I'll post the links when I come across them.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:01 pm

There is loads of information on the EU website, which should assure you.

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/ ... 514_es.htm

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:ES:PDF

I've also found references to the modified Real Decreto 1161/2009, which corrected the error in not recognising non-shengen (but EU) issued residence cards.

http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_dato ... -2009.html

Hope this helps.