ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- SUCCESS -Birmingha-Solihull (WP+T1 G .Self Employed)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iurm28
Newly Registered

ILR- SUCCESS -Birmingha-Solihull (WP+T1 G .Self Employed)

Post by iurm28 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:35 pm

First of all thanks to all members who have posted their posts and comments .

My appointment was on friday , 14 Oct 2011
MY CASE
Work permit Nov 2006 Converted to T1 General in january 2010

DOCUMENTS I CARRIED
Covering letter -
SET 0 Form
Photographs
All previous P60.
Self employment registration and tax payment documents
LIUK test result
Accountants letter, accounts for 12 months , Invoice summary , invoices , bank statements
Payslips for last 6 months.
Letter from my employer
All my qualifications ( altough it was not required)
Maintenance of funds
Work permit letters and HSMP letter

DAY OF APPOINTMENT

Appointment was at 9 am
Reached there at 8:30
Airport style security check took 4 minutes
Was told to wait and was given a token reference number and a customer survey form.
My number was called at 8:47

A nice gentleman was there
he asked following documents
1-FORM & PHOTOGRAPH
2-He asked me about number of days i have spent outside uk
3. then he opened income section , looked at pay slips , then asked me for accountants letter , my self employment accounts,
i showed him my tax paid on self employment.

then he checked my bank statements and calculated salary and invoice total.
Only checked income for last 12 months, no P60s etc were checked for last 5 years.

Asked me for LIUK test result , Maintenance of funds

Then he said he has approved my application i can make payment and can go to my job and should come back after 2 hours.

During the document checking process we also discussed general situation of the economy and starting up options of new businesses.

Total interview and payment process took 17 minutes and i was out at 5 pass 9.

went out kept on praying and then visited solihull town centre , came back to homeoffice at 10:30 and my passport was ready.

Checked my name , dob , nationality and gender , thanked them and back to home for a good few hours of tension less sleep.

Once again thanks to all members and moderators for their posts, and comments which really helped me.

destiniation_london

Re: ILR- SUCCESS -Birmingha-Solihull (WP+T1 G .Self Employed

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Many congratulations mate. I've mine appointment at Solihull on 4th November and am preparing my documents.

I've WP + Tier 1

I've been self-employed for less than a year so there is no self-assessment or company returns filled yet but am planning to take letter from accountant.

Could you please confirm if you mentioned about the all the invoices raised on the accountant letter. I would really appreciate if you could please share a copy of your letter with me. You could pm me if you want.

Thanks and once again congratulations.

Vipin

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ILR- SUCCESS -Birmingha-Solihull (WP+T1 G .Self Employed

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:25 pm

iurm28 wrote:First of all thanks to all members who have posted their posts and comments .

My appointment was on friday , 14 Oct 2011
MY CASE
Work permit Nov 2006 Converted to T1 General in january 2010

DOCUMENTS I CARRIED
Covering letter -
SET 0 Form
Photographs
All previous P60.
Self employment registration and tax payment documents
LIUK test result
Accountants letter, accounts for 12 months , Invoice summary , invoices , bank statements
Payslips for last 6 months.
Letter from my employer
All my qualifications ( altough it was not required)
Maintenance of funds
Work permit letters and HSMP letter

DAY OF APPOINTMENT

Appointment was at 9 am
Reached there at 8:30
Airport style security check took 4 minutes
Was told to wait and was given a token reference number and a customer survey form.
My number was called at 8:47

A nice gentleman was there
he asked following documents
1-FORM & PHOTOGRAPH
2-He asked me about number of days i have spent outside uk
3. then he opened income section , looked at pay slips , then asked me for accountants letter , my self employment accounts,
i showed him my tax paid on self employment.

then he checked my bank statements and calculated salary and invoice total.
Only checked income for last 12 months, no P60s etc were checked for last 5 years.

Asked me for LIUK test result , Maintenance of funds

Then he said he has approved my application i can make payment and can go to my job and should come back after 2 hours.

During the document checking process we also discussed general situation of the economy and starting up options of new businesses.

Total interview and payment process took 17 minutes and i was out at 5 pass 9.

went out kept on praying and then visited solihull town centre , came back to homeoffice at 10:30 and my passport was ready.

Checked my name , dob , nationality and gender , thanked them and back to home for a good few hours of tension less sleep.

Once again thanks to all members and moderators for their posts, and comments which really helped me.

Hi There,

I'm self employed too, however I dont own a company. I am not a director either. I do work for a company in US. I invoice them every month and they pay me. I am going to file tax returns through my accountant. Am I doing it right? Do I have to register my own company?

Please respond SIR's?

Thanks

iurm28
Newly Registered

Post by iurm28 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Dear Dstaffordjafar

If you are registered as self employed and you have got your UTR number from tax office and you pay tax to HMRC then all you need is letter from qualified accountant and invoice summary and supporting bank statement.
Thats all you need to prove your income.

You do not need to register a limited company. its not compulsory that you should have a limited company.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 am

iurm28 wrote:Dear Dstaffordjafar

If you are registered as self employed and you have got your UTR number from tax office and you pay tax to HMRC then all you need is letter from qualified accountant and invoice summary and supporting bank statement.
Thats all you need to prove your income.

You do not need to register a limited company. its not compulsory that you should have a limited company.
Dear Iurm28,

You are a saviour. Many Thanks for your quick reply. Plenty of my mates are in a similar boat and I could advise them from now on

secondly, to prove my annual leave every year, Do i need a letter from my US client or I can provide a letter myself to home office? If I provide a letter myself, can I say I have 30 days a year?

Thanks,

Swshah
Newly Registered

ILR maintanance funds

Post by Swshah » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:30 am

Hi Irum!!

Congratulations for getting ILR. I just have small query. As far I remember there is no requirment of maintanance funds for ILR.

you have mentioned in your application that you have show the proof of maintanance funds. Please clarify.

Regards
Waqas Shah

iurm28
Newly Registered

Post by iurm28 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Dear Swshah

I supported my application with a maintenance of funds because i had my savings in my other account and wanted them to know that i am genuinely earning high income and to create a good impression in support of my application.

And you are right there is no rquirement for maintenance of funds.

iurm28
Newly Registered

Post by iurm28 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Dear staffordjafar

Why would u need a letter from your clients ? they are not your employer who has to approve your holidays.

All you need is to give a list of your days out from uk and if you have spent any days out for the purpose of business then you need to prove that with some paperwork.