ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will i get detained in India if i overstay by 15 days

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andylomax
Newly Registered

will i get detained in India if i overstay by 15 days

Post by andylomax » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:03 am

Hi,
I'm a student but i do make money by FTSE trading.I've applied for change of bank accounts etc in UK.My visa expires on 31/10/2011.I think i might have to stay a bit longer to sort things out.10 days extra at the most.If i overstay by 10 days,will i be detained and harassed at Indian airport?Also i wana visit Thailand to marry my longtime girlfriend.If i visit Thailand,will i be detained as well??
Thanks

ihatelovestorys
Newly Registered

Re: will i get detained in India if i overstay by 15 days

Post by ihatelovestorys » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:35 pm

andylomax wrote:Hi,
I'm a student but i do make money by FTSE trading.I've applied for change of bank accounts etc in UK.My visa expires on 31/10/2011.I think i might have to stay a bit longer to sort things out.10 days extra at the most.If i overstay by 10 days,will i be detained and harassed at Indian airport?Also i wana visit Thailand to marry my longtime girlfriend.If i visit Thailand,will i be detained as well??
Thanks
Which country's visa are you talking about - UK or India?

In either case immigration laws clearly state that any overstayer will have problems reentering the country and can be detained or refused visa or entry in the future. So I suggest you abide by the visa expiry dates. Hope that helps