ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can i stay in another country with a spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

michellee
Newly Registered

How long can i stay in another country with a spouse visa

Post by michellee » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Hello
My husband has applied for a spouse visa here in Switzerland we hope for a successful outcome.

But i have one question, i have a good job here in Switzerland and although i have been applying for a job in London for months there has been no Joy. this might mean we would need to stay here in Switzerland for longer than i supposed, (i.e. for a year or so after getting the spouse visa) although we will make many trips to the UK because our friends family and assets are there during this time, until i find a job in the UK.

I wanted to ask if there is a minimum time you have to be in the UK or your visa will be taken back?

We plan to obviously travel within the 3 months after we have after we have received our visa for a month, and then come back to Switzerland, making regular monthly trips to London together.

I have a house in London (rented) and it will continue to be rented during the time i'm here in Switzerland, i also have other assets.

My husband is a Nigerian national and currently has a 5 year residence in Switzerland.

Please help :(

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: How long can i stay in another country with a spouse vis

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:35 am

michellee wrote:We plan to obviously travel within the 3 months after we have after we have received our visa for a month, and then come back to Switzerland, making regular monthly trips to London together.
Spouse visa is for living in the UK, not for making "visits". Your spouse may get away with a few "visits" on a spouse visa but as and when an IO notices what has been happening your husband may be denied entry.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!