ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:13 am

Anjum - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 am

congratulations anjum
can u let me know what documents u submitted
XNAILX hope u get reply soon

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:28 am

Thanks alot.i ws hopin id hear sumtin dis week..thers stil tym.

Talha80
Newly Registered

Post by Talha80 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks guys for your help my wife got her visa today specialy batleykhan for couple of my questions and
XnailaX for recommending to sent exit and entry stamp page from my passport when i went for Nikkah

Visa: Settlement Spouse
Submitted : Lahore
date Submitted: 30-09-11
Under process: 13-10-11
Ready for collection: 20-10-11
Result: Granted

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:57 pm

congratulations to u and wifey!!

and no worries im glad my help was useful..

my huby has applied in islamabad and they seem to b runnin slow..

thoes who applied in lahore and mirpur r gettin them faster :(

wonder when our docs are :(

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:37 pm

XnailaX wrote: thoes who applied in lahore and mirpur r gettin them faster :(

I think I will subconsciously accept a refusal and a long process, hence I won't go this difficult phase which you and many others are.

I suppose hearing good news about others gets you thinking about why you haven't got your good news yet, but try not to focus too much on it.

Talha80
Newly Registered

Post by Talha80 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi, I just received copy on my wife's visa and i am in a pickle now

On application form we did mention date of arrival in UK 10-Feb-12 as I applied on Nikkah basis and Rukhsati and Walima is in January second week

Visa start date is :14-10-11 so by 13-01-12 my 3 month will be over and if she come in feb-12 we have to apply for extension to complete 24 months for Indefinate leave.

Is there any way UKBA can change start date in pakistan or on Arrival in UK??

Many Thanks

immi212
Newly Registered

Post by immi212 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:38 pm

XnailaX wrote:congratulations to u and wifey!!

and no worries im glad my help was useful..

my huby has applied in islamabad and they seem to b runnin slow..

thoes who applied in lahore and mirpur r gettin them faster :(

no naila , gerry's application centre doesnt matter . all the applications forward to BHC Islamabad .
female applicants getting visas only in 20 days now . (talha's spouse application is another example )
male applicants have to wait for 2 months .
think BHC try their best to refuse male's application .
its completely unfair :(

okara87

Post by okara87 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:21 pm

congrats to those who got their VISAs.

just noticed this on the UKBA website

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ikah-namas

they have only just changed requirements for nikkah namas to be endorsed by union councils- yet this was the reason for the rejection for my application back in july!!!??

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:32 pm

I don't quite understand this new legislation for Nakah Namas..

Anyone explain this please..

I thought when it was already affixed with a union stamp it means that is registered with the appropriate union council.

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:00 pm

shade00 wrote:I don't quite understand this new legislation for Nakah Namas..

I thought when it was already affixed with a union stamp it means that is registered with the appropriate union council.
I thought this was the case also, maybe it was a 'good to have' but not mandatory previously?

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:55 am

Hi
@Talha 80 can u please let us know what documents u submitted
Can sum1 tell me if u live with a family memeber rent free do u have to send the family members bank statements with your documents to prove the family member can support u

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:20 pm

nope i live rent fre wiv m parents and dint send any bankstaments

jus a land registry and letter confirming support and accomodation signed by dad..

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Talha80 wrote:Hi, I just received copy on my wife's visa and i am in a pickle now

On application form we did mention date of arrival in UK 10-Feb-12 as I applied on Nikkah basis and Rukhsati and Walima is in January second week

Visa start date is :14-10-11 so by 13-01-12 my 3 month will be over and if she come in feb-12 we have to apply for extension to complete 24 months for Indefinate leave.

Is there any way UKBA can change start date in pakistan or on Arrival in UK??

Many Thanks
No they cant now once visa has been issued. You now have to bring your wedding forward or apply for FLR just before your two years runs out and pay an extra £500+ for this service.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:51 pm

My wedding is December 27/28/29, I was planning on going to apply for the VISA in the Lahore Gerry site on Jan 14-18 ish.

When should the appoitnment be booked? Do you think If I get to Pakistan, probably the 23rd of December, it'll be enough time to bok the appointment?

Talha80, you applied and got a VISA accepted before the wedding ceremony, so did you just send pictures of your engagement or something?

I don't think I can do that, cause I wasn't at my own engagement.

Some really interesting information in this thread, really really useful and I think some posts needs to be pushed up in the opening post as a sticky bit of information.

okara87

Post by okara87 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:55 pm

from my experience, you have to physically go there and get ithe nikkah doc registered and stamped

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:29 pm

XnailaX wrote:nope i live rent fre wiv m parents and dint send any bankstaments

jus a land registry and letter confirming support and accomodation signed by dad..
thats all? didnt your dad show any bank statements on how he can support? you dads property is freehold with no mortgage payments then it could be ok.

I am living with parents too but was advised ill need parents mortgage statements and bank account details, as well as letter of support.
Thank you immigrationboards.com

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:45 pm

nope naddi nothin like that...no bank statment...i dint send them b4 and no1 in my family has ever sent them..

Talha80
Newly Registered

Post by Talha80 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm

king2be98 wrote:My wedding is December 27/28/29, I was planning on going to apply for the VISA in the Lahore Gerry site on Jan 14-18 ish.

When should the appoitnment be booked? Do you think If I get to Pakistan, probably the 23rd of December, it'll be enough time to bok the appointment?

Talha80, you applied and got a VISA accepted before the wedding ceremony, so did you just send pictures of your engagement or something?

I don't think I can do that, cause I wasn't at my own engagement.

Some really interesting information in this thread, really really useful and I think some posts needs to be pushed up in the opening post as a sticky bit of information.

Appointment's in Lahore are available on 2 days notice and you can also go for walk in premium service. I had Nikkah on applied on that basis for spouse Visa.
You are thinking of applying by 14-18 Jan-12, you will have to register Nikkah name with NADRA then your wife will get married ID card and then Passport. this will take around 2-3 weeks.

Talha80
Newly Registered

Post by Talha80 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:27 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:Hi
@Talha 80 can u please let us know what documents u submitted
Can sum1 tell me if u live with a family memeber rent free do u have to send the family members bank statements with your documents to prove the family member can support u

@ aaaaaa123 I will post the list on Monday, I have it on my work PC

Talha80
Newly Registered

Post by Talha80 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:54 pm

No they cant now once visa has been issued. You now have to bring your wedding forward or apply for FLR just before your two years runs out and pay an extra £500+ for this service.[/quote]

Thanks

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:57 pm

okara87 wrote:

from my experience, you have to physically go there and get ithe nikkah doc registered and stamped
I think our is registered and stamped but we didn't go physically there. I remember when i got the translation from the mufti and also i had my name altered he went to the union council and got it amended. I guess i better get mine check, better be safe then sorry.

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:39 pm

jalebi wrote:Out of curiosity, when did it become a requirement for a person to work full time in order to apply for a spouse visa?
I thought I'd repeat my question since no one answered..

And, there is a rumour going around that knowledge of the English language is no longer a requirement (sounds daft, I know), but is there any truth in this?

:?:

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:21 pm

shade00 wrote:
okara87 wrote:

I think our is registered and stamped but we didn't go physically there. I remember when i got the translation from the mufti and also i had my name altered he went to the union council and got it amended. I guess i better get mine check, better be safe then sorry.
Mine the people doing the Nikkah did everything for us as they were authorised people. We did not physically do anything, they did it all for us.
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:32 pm

nadiii wrote:
XnailaX wrote:nope i live rent fre wiv m parents and dint send any bankstaments

thats all? didnt your dad show any bank statements on how he can support? you dads property is freehold with no mortgage payments then it could be ok.

I am living with parents too but was advised ill need parents mortgage statements and bank account details, as well as letter of support.
No we did not submit any bank statements of my parents. We were told by Solicitor to add the following:

-Land Registry
-Mortgage statements/letter from the mortgage company
-Declaration from parents to show that it is OK for me and my hubby to stay with them. (signed by solicitor)
- Accommodation report

The ECO did not refuse my hubby's visa on any of the above points, visa was refused due to other reasons. Therefore these documents were I believe adequate.
Allah is the greatest!