ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Country / OUT Country - Which one is the Best?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uk.destiny

In Country / OUT Country - Which one is the Best?

Post by uk.destiny » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:42 am

Hi All,

Here I am having couple of questions.Please clarify my doubt.

1)Is there any difference in Postal Address where We have to send Initial HSMP Application.

a) In Country
b) Out side Country

If not What are the Addresses?

2)One of my friend is in UK.If he submits my application in UK(Even though I am in OUT SIDE COUNTRY) .Is it make any difference?

3)Is there any chance to get Fast Response as per the above ?

Thanks in Advance.

UK.Destiny

aspire2b
Newly Registered

Post by aspire2b » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:30 pm

I would love to find the answers to a similar query, as below.

I have a dependent visa on my passport (my spouse is employed in UK), but I haven't used it yet i.e.- I am currently based out of UK and working in my home country, and have not entered UK on the basis of this dependent visa. All my trips in the past to UK have either been on student or visitor visas.

I would like to know If I can travel to UK temporarily (on a short holiday) using my dependent visa and submit my HSMP application as an in-country applicant ?? Though I intend to return back to home country, can't I argue that I have a visa that legally allows me to remain in UK long-term and thus allows me to apply as an in-country applicant ?? I will be physically present in UK at the time of applying, but due to work committments cannot expect to remain in UK all the time while my application is being considered.

Not sure if someone will have the answer, but this has been a wonderful forum and I am hoping that some one here might have a definite clue about this 8)

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:52 pm

Hi uk.destiny,

Whether it an out-country of in-country application, the address is the same, as below:-
Work Permits (UK) HSMP
PO Box 3975
Sheffield
S1 9BL.

If you wish to send in your application through courier, you must send the application to:
Immigration & Nationality Directorate,
Work Permits (UK) HSMP
7th Floor,
Fountain Precinct,
Balm Green,
Sheffield,
S1 2JA

If you have the application posted through a friend of yours in UK, in my opinion the application will still be treated as an out-country application. But is this allowed :?: :?:

From the different posts and feedbacks on this forum, it does seem that in-country applications get decided reasonably faster than out-country applications. In my opinion, this could be because the evidences submitted in such cases (reference letters, past income) are deemed to be authentic and without any need of additional physical verification.

regards