ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect on uk citizenship application while on benefits?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jimy
Newly Registered

Effect on uk citizenship application while on benefits?

Post by jimy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:36 am

Dear all freind, just a quick question pls to all of u..

I am on ILR last 2 years and wana apply for uk citizenship now,and living here with my wife and our 6 months only baby..but Currently I am also claiming benifts too...as I am on a low wage...I am getting, child benifit, child and work tax credits and partial housing benfits....so what would be adverse effect on my british citizen aapplication,if i apply now ? pls advise..aprat from that , rest of my all things are clear and in order..my wife and baby just came to uk and on depedent visa for 3 years at the moment..any problem for them too when they will apply for thier ILR in future.???. thanksss a lot in advance..pls reply as i need it..... regards...Jimy...london

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:09 am

The benefit claims will have no adverse effect upon your application for Naturalisation, nor upon your wife's application for ILR.

As regards the Tax Credits claim, please confirm that is in the joint names of you and your wife.
John