ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finding apartment for rent in UK directly by owners

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maria20110

Finding apartment for rent in UK directly by owners

Post by maria20110 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:09 am

Dear all,
I am landing in watford in the first week of november and me and my hubby havent been able to find an apartment yet.It seems tht no apartments are available for rent there.My requirement is that the apartment consists of 1 bedroom and the monthly rent be around 550-650 pounds.
Please help if u know of anyone renting out their apartment or even a portion of their house.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:18 am

Have you tried websites such as :-
-: to assist your search?
John

maria20110

Post by maria20110 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:55 am

heyy yea..i hv tried many like findaproperty.com and sparearoom.com, zoopla.com ...prob is tht they dont hv any available in tht range :( they r mostly let out.And the ones available are above 650 pounds which we can afford but as per uk rules my husband's salary has to be above sum specific amount to be able to rent tht...sooo we r in a pickle.
I was lookin out for private owners/landlords who wudnt hv concern at how much tht earning is,only if they get their rent in time thts fine for them.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:37 pm

OK, but why Watford? Maybe try another place within commuting distance of there?
John

maria20110

Post by maria20110 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:53 am

Yes u are right..but my husband has a job in watford.If i can find sum place in the other town that also can be looked into.
I wonder y there is such a scarce of rent apartments.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:10 pm

I do not live near Watford, and no nothing about the property market there. But looking at one of the websites I mentioned above it seems there is not so much a shortage but instead there is a shortage at the price you can afford.

However when I changed my search from Watford only to Watford plus 10 miles around Watford, lots of choices came up, including quite a number of in your price range.
John

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 pm

look on gumtree and intolondon, you will not get a one bed flat but a bedroom, look on newsagent windows for cheaper rents.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:34 am

skyepark wrote:look on gumtree and intolondon, you will not get a one bed flat but a bedroom, look on newsagent windows for cheaper rents.
I'd be very careful with Gumtree ! LOTS of scammers out there. If you find a deal which is too good to be true it aint :P
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:59 pm

I rented my first property via Gumtree directly from the owner without any issues. In fact, it was perfect, because I was only looking for a 5 month lease and no agency would agree to do that. If you have your wits about you, then you'll be okay.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 pm

I know a few people who found places from gumtree. Tips are don'e give money in advance get full details, if you pay a token to reserve the property get a reciept and a copy of tenancy agreement, get a reciept for the deposit also.

maria20110

Post by maria20110 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:37 am

Hey all,,thanx for ur suggestions..i hv found an apartment which is costin me 700 pounds p/m and is also not much nice.Like we had seen betetr aprtments in tht range but they arent available.
And yes John there r apartments but we cant take ot becuz of the rules by agents tht u hv tp be earning over a certain amount to be able to get an apartment of that range.We cant take tht even if we hv money in our bank accounts.Thats ironic really.I worked n earned out of UK n now i hv savings but my husband cant take it cuz his earning is not upto the mark where he is allowe dto take an apartment over 600.thats not fair..
Will chek gumtree too surely.